Notification light

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems that a lot of WP users will not be happy until the OS is as bloated as Blandroid!!!
Glance is the modern version of the 'notification LED'. The option to have this included and then have an option to turn it off if you don't want to use it... is not an option....
Come on people, learn to use the bloody phone properly... If MS did decide to include a notification LED, we would have a thousand threads on 'battery drain'.....
The mind boggles!!!!!!

Tell that to the people that don't have glance.

The mind boggles!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
My logo didn't do anything on any of my 3 Windows Phone 7 devices.

Really?
Wait I have confused this completely sorry! The Nokia N-series had this breath feature i.e. N81 N96

Basically it would breath to let you know its on standby, but would flash if you had a notification

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
So we have thousands of threads of the glance battery drain - what's the difference. Notification LED uses less power, and is great for us Lazy people. I would certainly appreciate looking over and seeing notifications via LED while my phone is on the table out of arms reach. That stuff is important for people, glance is great but when I can't reach my phone from over 6ft away w/ my phone flat on a table, it'll be nice to see for a notification. And actually Glance always on reduces my battery about 45 minutes - 1 hour.

And it seems that Glance always on with the latest Dev Preview update may be trying to melt phones they get so hot, at least I know for sure it's happening with the 1520, including mine. I was so excited until mine about lit the counter on fire. Turned it off, haven't seen it since. Bummer because notifications are a MUST for me.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to see how much battery glance always on made and it never heated my 1520 but it did use more than twice as much battery going from 0.3% per hour with glance set to peek to 0.7% per hour with glance always on.

Where did you hear that it was causing problems on the 1520

npolite

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Here is another perspective and I do realize this is an old thread. This is a dealbreaker for me. I was looking at going with the 635 but won't without the notification light. I can live without a front facing camera, no LED light on the camera and fewer apps which are not available on the Windows Store.

For the people who say check the phone, I don't need to be doing that every 5 minutes when I can just look on my phone at a blinking light. Turning the phone on wastes more battery. And for the people that don't like the LED notification why don't just build into the software the ability to turn it on of off? I don't think anyone can complain with this and it makes everyone happy.

Astorevitalys

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I get out of the shower,I go into the room get to the wardrobe open it and start to get dressed.The phone is on the table(desktop) at least 3-4 meters away,i look at the phone if the NL flashes i go to check the phone if not I continue to do what I'm doin and forget about the phone.You cannot see glance from an angle from 3-4 meters away.I do not wish to go near the phone to look i wanna be able to look from a distance...can you understant this situation?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure... It's all in how you train your habits and expectations.

I expect a full and clear report on what notifications are waiting. I trained myself to the habit of looking directly at the screen.

You expect a more general notification and have trained yourself to observe your phone at a distance.

I value explicitness of reporting higher than I value distance of separation from the device. The times my device is that far from me that Glance does not serve are minimal and would be equivalent in most regards to times when I simply do not care what notifications I have as I am not going to attend to any of them in any event during that scenario.

Tulio Alfonsi

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Given we have here many developers, is that complicated to create kinda app to configure the Windows Logo Led or the other 2, to be used as NOTIFICATION LIGHT?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon