Help deciding if I should get a 1520 please

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had all the top flagship Droid phones and just sold my 1020 for the 32gb 1520 and couldn't be happier!!! Well worth it!!!!! Solid investment and imo future proof!

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be using it that much I don't think so I'm pretty sure I will be more than ok with it.

As for size the biggest phone I've had was my galaxy notes and I was fine with them. I also tried the Xperia Z1 ultra before I got my Z1 and thought that it was just too big. I'm going to be using my 925 as well with a view to maybe using the 1520 full time as I don't really need a private number any more.

Yeah the Z1 is too big IMO, I mean if a phone includes a bluetooth due to its size then its too big.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update to this thread, I ended up getting a 1520 in black 2 days ago and getting used to it still but I was surprised how quickly I'm getting used to the size of it. My 925 looks so small now.

I do find it a bit slippery but my biggest surprise was the screen. On my 925 when I have the tiles set to cyan they are the same colour as the cyan touch 2 cover on my Surface RT but on the 1520 they are a lot lighter in shade, to the point that it doesn't even look like the colour cyan.

Both phones have the same settings on them screen wise and yes I know that the screens are different but surely there shouldn't be such a difference in the colours.

On a plus point the battery is dam amazing on it. I have had the touch problems a couple of times but nothing that would put me off of the phone.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Cyan? Still looks blue to me. LoL Looks a little darker than the blue on the sides of this forum....

Not saying it isn't blue, I'm saying it doesn't look like cyan blue that's all. It is more like sky blue, much lighter than cyan blue. Its not a problem per say but it is annoying.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Not saying it isn't blue, I'm saying it doesn't look like cyan blue that's all. It is more like sky blue, much lighter than cyan blue. Its not a problem per say but it is annoying.

That's because you switched from a device with an OLED display to one with an IPS LCD display.

OLED displays tend to be highly saturated which causes a more 'intense' color. If you adjust the display settings to be more saturated and slightly warmer I believe you'll get close to the color you're used to seeing. :)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That's because you switched from a device with an OLED display to one with an IPS LCD display.

OLED displays tend to be highly saturated which causes a more 'intense' color. If you adjust the display settings to be more saturated and slightly warmer I believe you'll get close to the color you're used to seeing. :)

Yeah but I have the saturation up to the full and colour temperature at half but going by the touch cover on my surface it is not a true representation of the colour cyan.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but I have the saturation up to the full and colour temperature at half but going by the touch cover on my surface it is not a true representation of the colour cyan.

I just checked against a known calibrated image of true cyan via a pantone swatch, when moving both sliders fully to the right I get the closest to true cyan that's possible on the 1520.

It's still not a match for the vibrance on the OLED displays however. It's just not possible with the IPS LCD on these models.

It's one of the downsides of being spoiled by OLED tech and it not yet being available at good yields for a 6" screen. :(

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not a biggie or anything but I was thinking before I got it, how nice would the 1520 be in cyan with the tiles also in cyan but after seeing the way the colour looks on the screen it just wouldn't look good.

At least with the black any colour tiles will look good, except for pink of course.

With 8.1 I will be able to get it spot on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon