Dust in Mic Hole

jsiddle2025

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
How are you getting rid of dust getting trapped in the small mic hole just below the windows and search buttons on the front of the device?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Pick up some compressed air (can) (don't use anything that might have oil in it, in other words compressed air tool hoses) and give it a couple of bursts. That should clear it.

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
is it possible to damage the mic if i use a small pin or something to kinda get the dust out of there?

It's certainly possible to do that without damaging the microphone, however it's obviously much more likely that something may get scratched/broken/punctured. Does the dust make a difference during calls or is it purely cosmetic?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to damage the mic if i use a small pin or something to kinda get the dust out of there?

If anything use a cotton swap. Using a pin, paperclip, sim ejector too will likely damage or perforate the MIC. That being said, I would say to do this:
Pick up some compressed air (can) (don't use anything that might have oil in it, in other words compressed air tool hoses) and give it a couple of bursts. That should clear it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs