Scrolling not smooth.....

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I did make same thread as this for my previous 925... It actually happening again for my 1520... Im experiencing a non smoothness while scrolling navigating in all apps, specially when scrolling lists which contains many images like facebook, wpcentral and many others... Its not smooth and flickering while scrolling and sometimes the screen flickers for a moment showing another extent of the scrolled data (this didn't happen for my previous 925)...

Just wondering if anyone noticed this also? This is shame they couldn't make the scrolling smooth... I remember the 920 when it first released it was very very smooth, comparing the 1520 to the iphone, you will really know how much the iphone is much smoother...

When Nokia/Microsoft trying to compete with apple and samsung they at least need to fix these basic issues....

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I also notice it, it was worse in Lumia 920 but better in the 1520. I changed my scrolling to more of a flick, and then grabbing the scroll to remedy the situation.Very annoying problem.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I also notice it, it was worse in Lumia 920 but better in the 1520. I changed my scrolling to more of a flick, and then grabbing the scroll to remedy the situation.Very annoying problem.

you say 1520 smoother than 920?!! In my case the 920 is 100% smooth, 920 is perfect regarding this....

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, those apps aren't optimized somehow. I notice this too and I have 8x/925. Wpcentral app has never ever been smooth, since wp7 era. I've had Focus flash, focus 2, hd7,8x,925, and all of them had the same problem. Its not the phones.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
you say 1520 smoother than 920?!! In my case the 920 is 100% smooth, 920 is perfect regarding this....

My 1520 used to stutter when i scrolled, but just is now smoother than before. When you drag your finger across the screen the 920 lags like crazy while the 1520 is able to keep up.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea, those apps aren't optimized somehow. I notice this too and I have 8x/925. Wpcentral app has never ever been smooth, since wp7 era. I've had Focus flash, focus 2, hd7,8x,925, and all of them had the same problem. Its not the phones.

its strange even facebook app which done by microsoft also not smooth, MANY other apps also not smooth..

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
how your 1520 is now smoother than before? What changed?

I have had my experience with electronics and have come to a conclusion. After a dropped a product or it took damage, I've notice more lag and slow downs after the event. After about a week without dropping the device the slow downs and lag seems to disappear. My 1520 stopped lagging in the web browser for some reason and felt smoother randomly, I don't know why though.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I m facing a strange prblm after updating to black, my touch screen is not working smoothly... My setting is on high sensitivity but still it sometimes like hangs for 1-2 sec while scrolling on the home screen, and it occurs most of the time, what to do friends, any suggestions for this prblm ??

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I m facing a strange prblm after updating to black, my touch screen is not working smoothly... My setting is on high sensitivity but still it sometimes like hangs for 1-2 sec while scrolling on the home screen, and it occurs most of the time, what to do friends, any suggestions for this prblm ??

What do you mean? Is there like an input like if you drag your finger across the screen does it stutter for a second then move smoothly? How would you describe the hanging?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had my experience with electronics and have come to a conclusion. After a dropped a product or it took damage, I've notice more lag and slow downs after the event. After about a week without dropping the device the slow downs and lag seems to disappear. My 1520 stopped lagging in the web browser for some reason and felt smoother randomly, I don't know why though.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

lool, I haven't dropped mine yet :)

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean? Is there like an input like if you drag your finger across the screen does it stutter for a second then move smoothly? How would you describe the hanging?

the scrolling in not working smoothly.. Sometimes it reacts like it has a resistive touch screen

DmC10

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys i just signed up to post the solution...i had the same jittery laggy scroll (lumia 920 Cyan), on my apps list, on my desktop, generally whenever i scrolled with my finger there was jitter, if i scrolled fast and took my finger off the screen the rest of the scrolling was perfectly smooth. So i went to settings>ease of access>Screen magnifier=off (restart phone if asked), other options that can help with smoothness is Settings>touch>Touch senisitivity=normal and Wake up=off (restart phone if asked)

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys i just signed up to post the solution...i had the same jittery laggy scroll (lumia 920 Cyan), on my apps list, on my desktop, generally whenever i scrolled with my finger there was jitter, if i scrolled fast and took my finger off the screen the rest of the scrolling was perfectly smooth. So i went to settings>ease of access>Screen magnifier=off (restart phone if asked), other options that can help with smoothness is Settings>touch>Touch senisitivity=normal and Wake up=off (restart phone if asked)

I'm having same issue but magnifier is turned off to begin with double tap to wake doesn't make any difference and touch sensitivity settings isn't present on my Lumia 640, what should I do? Does this really helped you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234