Blown Away

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 fits perfectly in the side pocket of my jeans. The top-right corner JUUUUST ticks out. The 1520 might be too wide to fit in that pocket, and I know that it would be awkward to use with one hand.

If you're a 2-handed user, it's probably great. If you prefer to be able to one-hand your device and have it not take up too much space, the 920 is about the line--for me, at least.

925 is a good size phone as well. I love my 810 and HTC 8X. I sold my 920 and 925. I am dying to get an unlocked 1320 RM-995 but can't seem to find it anywhere.

PJan80

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
:cool:I agree with each of you. I cant put it down. For the life of me I cant understand why this phone isn't winning people over. I still have an Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 2( not a bad device at all )but the WP8 experience combined with the 1520 size, speed and form factor is like Wow . I will never use a smaller screen

Simple for me. Its to big, and I whant Nokia love em but no expandable battery or sd card slot then I'll have to wait.

:cool:I agree with each of you. I cant put it down. For the life of me I cant understand why this phone isn't winning people over. I still have an Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 2( not a bad device at all )but the WP8 experience combined with the 1520 size, speed and form factor is like Wow . I will never use a smaller screen

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9305 via Tapatalk

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 that I've had since it launched. Love the phone, and the app selection has improved a great deal since last year. Now, I'm also considering grabbing a 1520 to bump up on the screen size a little, but I too am worried that it may be a little too big. I keep my phone in my front pocket, and it may look a little weird in my slacks at work. My question right now though, is does the 1520 have wireless charging? That's one thing I love about my 920.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Swype is my number one gripe as well. Also dictation worked really well for me on my Nexus 4. On the app side I want Vonage extensions, other than that I am completely satisfied with WP!

I've seen a few people mention Swype. That would be great if they also reduced the size of the keyboard, which they need to do anyway.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920 that I've had since it launched. Love the phone, and the app selection has improved a great deal since last year. Now, I'm also considering grabbing a 1520 to bump up on the screen size a little, but I too am worried that it may be a little too big. I keep my phone in my front pocket, and it may look a little weird in my slacks at work. My question right now though, is does the 1520 have wireless charging? That's one thing I love about my 920.

I was also worring that a month ago, but after a week, it felt great and I was looking my old Lumia 920 and thinking that it feels like a toy phone ... :)

I am keeping my Lumia 1520 in my front pocket and I do not think that it is not any problem, unless your are using tight jeans ... btw, I am not using any cover for it.

International model has wireless charging ... but ATT model has some strange wireless charging :) and only 16 Gb inside memory ...

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "strange wireless charging"? The AT&T one doesn't come in 32gb?

I was also worring that a month ago, but after a week, it felt great and I was looking my old Lumia 920 and thinking that it feels like a toy phone ... :)

I am keeping my Lumia 1520 in my front pocket and I do not think that it is not any problem, unless your are using tight jeans ... btw, I am not using any cover for it.

International model has wireless charging ... but ATT model has some strange wireless charging :) and only 16 Gb inside memory ...

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "strange wireless charging"? The AT&T one doesn't come in 32gb?

AT&T uses the PMA standard (as opposed to the Qi standard we're used to on our Nokias, e.g. 920), and even then still requires a case for it to work. A stupid case at that.

It does come in 32GB now, not sure if it's in stock, but people were ordering them as of a week ago IIRC.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Went into a store and that 1520 almost looked silly . The screen was awesome and fast but man its bigger than the galaxy mega ! Maybe I'll check it out again but wow it maybe too big for me and I have big hands!

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I would be okay with everything until I had to put it up to my ear to talk. I used to make fun of people talking on their "phablets" in public. Not sure I want to become one of them now :wink:

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
When I first saw the 1520 in the AT&T store, I too thought it may be too big. I think its relative size on store shelves scares many away. Now that I have it though, the 1020 feels too small. I went into an Apple store the other day and almost laughed at the diminutive size of the iPhone. I've yet to find a pocket my 1520 won't comfortably fit in. Regarding holding up to my head, It doesn't feel any larger than using my landline phone. To be honest, if it didn't have such a nice camera, I probably would have gone for the Note 3 or a Chinese phone like an iOcean, Oppo, or Xaiomi.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I would be okay with everything until I had to put it up to my ear to talk. I used to make fun of people talking on their "phablets" in public. Not sure I want to become one of them now :wink:

You shouldn't really be caring as to what other people think! Once you go phablet, you never go back.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm wearing my custom made Koss Porta Pro headset most of the time anyway - no need to put my precious 920 anywhere near my ear ;)

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

I actually have a Bluetooth pen connected to my phone where I pick the calls. It vibrate when a have a call and just have to press a button to answer it :p

Sent from my Lumia 1520 RM-937 using Tapatalk

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

The 32 Gb model is available via direct order online from ATT

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Simple for me. Its to big, and I whant Nokia love em but no expandable battery or sd card slot then I'll have to wait.

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9305 via Tapatalk

The 1520 has a sd slot, and hold on. Something people don't realize that with the PMA charging, you also have the ability to use a charging case to add even bigger battery power. Just need someone to develope it..

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Man I'm liking this 1520 but will att come out with something new this year? I really want to know so that I could either wait or buy ......any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo