Hi WPCentral and WP Fans,

I'm a big fan of the WP8 OS and Nokia, and naturally I'd love to be an owner of the Lumia 1520. I'd like to have the device unlocked from ATT and brought to T-mobile in the USA for use. While searching WPCentral forums I heard that some users experienced any odd issues regarding using the 1520 use on the T-mobile network. Some users report problems receiving MMS and other issues like not getting LTE while on the T-mobile network. Does any one have feed back on this?

I'd like to know what issues I might run into if I do purchase the device and have it moved over to T-mobile.

Best,

-Alpo

P.S. Sorry about the duplicate post! But this title sounds much better and is more clear. :-)
    01-29-2014 05:09 PM
    Hi WPCentral and WP Fans,

I'm a big fan of the WP8 OS and Nokia, and naturally I'd love to be an owner of the Lumia 1520. I'd like to have the device unlocked from ATT and brought to T-mobile in the USA for use. While searching WPCentral forums I heard that some users experienced any odd issues regarding using the 1520 use on the T-mobile network. Some users report problems receiving MMS and other issues like not getting LTE while on the T-mobile network. Does any one have feed back on this?

I'd like to know what issues I might run into if I do purchase the device and have it moved over to T-mobile.

Best,

-Alpo

P.S. Sorry about the duplicate post! But this title sounds much better and is more clear. :-)
    First you need to have the device unlocked if it is the at&t one people had a big problem with at&t trying to unlock some was successful some weren't.
    As for the MMS and data as long as you have the right APN you will be fine. BUT you will lose signal sometimes but only for few seconds .
    Now as for LTE and HSPA if your area has LTE then you will be fine but if not then H+, as for H+ that would work if your area has reformed 1900 freq if not then your stuck with edge.
    I hope that helps good luck.
    01-29-2014 06:57 PM
    No issues with any of the above, My only one issue is with internet sharing and for that I ordered a Foreign SIM to fix that,
    Alpo714 likes this.
    01-29-2014 11:47 PM
    Can you elaborate on the foreign Sim for internet sharing on T-Mobile? I'm thinking of getting the 1520 and want to share my data to my tablet. Would a foreign Sim bypass the extra fees?
    Alpo714 likes this.
    01-30-2014 10:00 PM
    No issues with any of the above, My only one issue is with internet sharing and for that I ordered a Foreign SIM to fix that,
    Yes. Can you please specify which foreign SIM which fixed it?
    02-05-2014 12:35 AM
    First you need to have the device unlocked if it is the at&t one people had a big problem with at&t trying to unlock some was successful some weren't.
    As for the MMS and data as long as you have the right APN you will be fine. BUT you will lose signal sometimes but only for few seconds .
    Now as for LTE and HSPA if your area has LTE then you will be fine but if not then H+, as for H+ that would work if your area has reformed 1900 freq if not then your stuck with edge.
    I hope that helps good luck.
    Thanks for the reply. I've purchased the Lumia 1520, but it appears I'm having problems with the internet sharing. There's a previous post resolving this issue but I haven't been able to get my hands on a Foreign Sim to fix it. I'll probably order one once someone makes a suggestions on what provider to order from.
    02-05-2014 12:36 AM
    Can you elaborate on the foreign Sim for internet sharing on T-Mobile? I'm thinking of getting the 1520 and want to share my data to my tablet. Would a foreign Sim bypass the extra fees?
    Hello Dusk22 - I believe our fellow WP8 fan is referring to the internet sharing issue which occurs when you try to bring a 1520 from ATT to Tmobile. The 1520 in its native form, has internet sharing ability but since its contracted with ATT, unlocking the device and bringing it to T-mobile causes problems with the internet sharing. See below for more information.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...obile-sim.html
    02-05-2014 01:17 AM