Brightness settings and the screen sensitivity issue SOLVED?

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has shown up on NSU or NCS for my region, Not going to flash a Russian or Polish ROM but always an option for those who just cannot put up with this issue any longer, I will wait for an official ROM to materialise on NCS or at worst OTA.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Got the update today morning (India). Screen sensitivity issue seems to be resolved but it's back if I change the screen sensitivity to HIGH. The other change I noticed is that the Glance clock keeps moving up and down the screen, which never used to happen before.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got the update today morning (India). Screen sensitivity issue seems to be resolved but it's back if I change the screen sensitivity to HIGH. The other change I noticed is that the Glance clock keeps moving up and down the screen, which never used to happen before.

The high sensitivity is only for when your using gloves I thought. So you mean it still has the problem when on high and using gloves?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
A dirty screen and moisture seams to be the main reason for the screen sensitivity issue, at least after the recent update.

I got some snowflakes/moisture on the screen today, and noticed the issue really fast Then I cleaned the screen with a soft lens-cleaner and everything got very smooth and nice immediately. I didn't have any screen sensitivity issue since then, in few hours, crossing figures.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't been experiencing issues with Brightness or screen sensitivity prior to the latest update.
Since the update, the glance feature doesn't work and when you wake the device by pressing the power button there's a much longer delay before the screen lights up.

jbudimir

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, I must confess that the issue is not gone, instead it's even worse after the update. Nothing helps this time

Sent from my RM-937_eu_hungary_1002 using Tapatalk

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm that with the last update none of these annoying bugs are fixed :(
I am very sad to say that this is the last Nokia I bought. I can not enjoy the phone as I never know what it is going to do. I was a big fan of Nokia for many years but that's it. No more Nokia for me. Love WP, though, so I hope there will be some other WP phones available (come on, Sony).

Nokia has been ignoring us for too long now. No feedback on anything, not a word. This is a customer service I never experienced. I do hope they go down as they deserve it!

Last edited:

r0lfi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I did buy this phone a couple days ago.. The first day I did not experience any issues, but today my phone is almost completely useless.. It happen almost all the time now.I have turned auto brightness off, and glance screen is off.

My FW now is:
1028.3562.1402.0001 - And I live in Norway

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I did buy this phone a couple days ago.. The first day I did not experience any issues, but today my phone is almost completely useless.. It happen almost all the time now.I have turned auto brightness off, and glance screen is off.

My FW now is:
1028.3562.1402.0001 - And I live in Norway

What do you mean "completely useless" ??? - do you means that touch is over sensitive ? - just try to set touch to medium sensitivity and disable double tap and sunlight readability ...

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Nokia don't care a dam about us sadly
I realy ghave to wait for a proper 6" windows 8.1 phone but who might even make one :?(

Seems to me due to manufacturing tolerance's in the digitizer....
The firmware tries to compensate for this and tries to auto calibrate over time
This is failing badly

Any soft reset or software update seems to reset it back to ok ish but itdrifts out again over time :?(

Only suggestion is soft reset in the morning and remember to put the date in hehe

Anyways I must stop reading about this its annoying :?)

Bye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss