Brightness settings and the screen sensitivity issue SOLVED?

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Malaysia. Updated glance, touch and extra ➕ info couple of days ago. Done all the tricks.....off glance, brightness at medium, disable double taps, sensitivity at normal....bla...bla...... The annoying problem still there. Well dudes, this is my last nokia, cant wait for bigger iphone.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk

Weird. I have the Malaysian variant too and everything seems all right except for BT with Android devices. I haven't gotten the update though, and I think I won't voluntarily update until WP 8.1 comes.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this thing and its practically unusable. Constant phantom presses. I cannot make it through any of my passwords without multiple characters thrown in. I tried some of the fixes in this thread and none work.

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It will, but might need help of MS (OS update) ... well, after all updates during a past month, I have very minor problem any longer ...
I can definitely use the phone and do the things I want to do, but the sensitivity issue makes it annoying and uncomfortable to use. I would really like to recommend this phone to my friends but I just can't as long as this problem is unsolved. I have applied all updates and tried all workarounds but nothing has made the problem go away permanently. We can hope WP8.1 will fix it but I won't hold my breath. I get the feeling that Nokia has given up trying to fix this and will just let it be the way it is.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I would like to have your experience with the fix, but I receive that update and the problem persists.
Screen is touching sometimes itself, and sometimes it does not receive touches at all, I need to press the power button, to turn off the screen and then the power button again, to have a "touchable" screen.
I am very disappointed for this issue, not to mention the constant 2G-3G back and forth and unable to use the field test ##3282#[CALL] to have a fixed 3G, like I did with previous Lumia 900.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this thing and its practically unusable. Constant phantom presses. I cannot make it through any of my passwords without multiple characters thrown in. I tried some of the fixes in this thread and none work.
try to remove screen protector if you use one

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Nothing helps, if you have the issue that's it. You will not be able to get rid of it. It might be better some days and worse some days but it will always be there.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Nothing helps, if you have the issue that's it. You will not be able to get rid of it. It might be better some days and worse some days but it will always be there.

Well, I also have an issue with wrong tap while swiping and I HAD an issue with multiple characters while I had screen protector. Then I removed protector and multiple characters problem is gone. Wrong tap still there though...

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Tap / swipes problem is clearly a hardware problem. If only Nokia admitted it. Everyone makes mistakes but how they go about it is really annoying.

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Got all the latest updates, but I still get phantom taps. I'm beginning to think this is a hardware problem that won't be easy to fix.

How do we go about filing a class action lawsuit, anyway?

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Got all the latest updates, but I still get phantom taps. I'm beginning to think this is a hardware problem that won't be easy to fix.

How do we go about filing a class action lawsuit, anyway?
It is a hardware pproblem, no questions about it. If it was software, it would have been fixed by now.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It is hardware and there is nothing that can be done about it. After the latest update it improved for a short while and then back to 'normal'. So we have to learn to live with it or get a replacement or...switch to another model/maker (Samsung?). Really annoying as it is a great phone otherwise.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a couple of days ago that the pretty much the only time I have the touch problem is in the My 500px Free app and over the last couple of days I have been taking notice of the problem and I have only had the problem 4 times outside of the app but it happens all the time in the app and that is during about 5-6 hours screen on time over the last few days.

I can see how annoying it would be to have it happen a lot as it drives me mad when I'm using My 500px but I'm more than happy dealing with the amount it happens when using everything else on the phone.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is nothing else but a hardware issue and Nokia is simply keeping quiet as they do not want to recall a lot of phones. No more Nokia for me and I do hope they go down. They lied to us, nothing else. They stole our money and now don't even make a slight effort to apologize for it. And some Nokia fanboys here will soon say that it is understandable for a 'new' phone to have problems and that we need to be more patient etc. Too much time have passed and Nokia has not done ANYTHING about it.
Thanks Nokia, hope you will be history very soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb