Brightness settings and the screen sensitivity issue SOLVED?

jbudimir

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this was posted before, but I've found out that the screen sensitivity issue is related to screen brightness settings.
If I switch auto brightness off and set it to medium, then the issue disappears. However, if I set it to high I can reproduce the issue immediately.
Touch sensitivity in settings is set to normal.

Sent from my RM-937 using Tapatalk

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Brightness settings and screen sensitivity issue

whoa, you may be on to something. turned off autobrightness and set it to medium, so far have not had a mistap or misswipe in the past 15-20min of use. interesting...

edit: spent another 5 min without a swipe turned tap. turned autobrightness back on, and instantly launched an app when I tried to scroll on the start screen.

seems more and more like this is a software issue, not hardware. whew!

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Brightness settings and screen sensitivity issue

Don't know if this was posted before, but I've found out that the screen sensitivity issue is related to screen brightness settings.
If I switch auto brightness off and set it to medium, then the issue disappears. However, if I set it to high I can reproduce the issue immediately.
Touch sensitivity in settings is set to normal.

Also, did few minutes testing and didn't notice any false taps. I'm so thankful to you!

jbudimir

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Shared this on couple other forums. Apparently this workaround doesn't help everybody however still good for me

Well, working for me.
Maybe there are some other parameters involved, that's why I posted touch sensitivity setting.

J

Last edited:

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since day 1, I turn off auto brightness and set it to medium. However, I am still experiencing sensitivity and random brightness issue.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Since day 1, I turn off auto brightness and set it to medium. However, I am still experiencing sensitivity and random brightness issue.

How is your glance feature set up? My is at Peek mode and switching brightness to medium helped me. Works well for few hours already. I believe there were some talks this setting also might have influence to touch sensitivity

jbudimir

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Btw, this doesn't look like a screen issue to me. It looks more like processor or performance issue but it's mostly visible when scrolling. Maybe that's the reason why different people have different causes and symptoms (like screen dimming)
However, setting brightness to medium works for me, and putting it to high immidiately brings the issue back.
J

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I only had it infrequently, but had it. What fixed it was turning off sunlight visibility features and auto brightness, while still brightness high

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Have to admit issue isn't completely gone after setting brightness to medium. It is much much better but still false taps happen...

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's working on mine too but I don't want to have to switch myself between low and medium. Meduim is way too bright in house in evening times.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Since mine is not bad, I switched back to auto brightness. Can't be bothered switching myself medium to low to high. Too annoying. Probably more than false taps :(

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it too bright if set the brightness to medium when u see the screen in a dark room? I find it's too bright even I set the brightness to low...

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying different settings to fix that over sensitivity (miss touches) and I think that the best workround is disable sunlight readability ... if you have a big problem with over sensitivity, just try does it help you (well, it is just workround until Nokia or MS will have an update fix for that) ....

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Did the latest update of access point change anything for you? My phone was just updated and seems better. Might be just me thinking it's better as what have access point to do with swiping/tapping :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo