camera button does not work

skent_ll

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
so i just bought Lumia 1520 in December and i guess i've never really pay attention or try out the dedicated camera button until recently. the thing is the camera button doesnt take pictures when i pressed it. it however did flash the LED but only that. when i pressed the button it doesnt open up the Camera app too. i've tried looking for setting but i have found none. so i was wondering if there's setting somewhere that i haven't enable or the button really does not work...? or maybe i wasn't using it right..?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll try to help here.

First, the camera button is two position. Meaning if you push it down slightly it will focus and use the aim light (flash) to highlight the area. You need to push down the button and hold it for a second or two to actually take a picture.

Second to change what the camera button opens - Settings -> swipe left -> photos + camera -> Pressing the camera button opens

Third to start the camera from sleep you need to hold the button down until it vibrates (takes a second or two) and it will bypass the lockscreen and go to the app. Even if you have a PIN, but this is for the Camera app only. It won't work with Nokia Camera.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo