1520 camera problema

wpward291

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I just got the 1520 on Thursday. I have to say I am shocked at how bad the camera is. The low light pictures suck. I don't know alot about cameras, but there is so much noise in all the photos. I have thought about returning for the 1020. Only problem is I love the screen and the speed it plays the games. Any thoughts

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
The only thing you'll lose is the bigger screen if you get a 1020 but you'll definitely have a better camera. Also, it has 2gb ram so you don't have to worry about the speed especially with games.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The only thing you'll lose is the bigger screen if you get a 1020 but you'll definitely have a better camera. Also, it has 2gb ram so you don't have to worry about the speed especially with games.

... but no SD card slot in Lumia 1020 ... and I think that loudness is a step better in Lumia 1520 too (I really like Lumia 1520 speakers and loudness) ....

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am selling my 6 week old yellow att 1020 now....I was concerned just about this, the low light pics, but after having a few 1020's, I just don't take enough pics to justify keeping it. I would rather have the nicer/larger display and a course it is faster, I don't care if people say they can't tell a difference, the SD 800 does make a difference. I guess if you take a lot of pics and don't want to carry a separate camera, the 1020 maybe for you, plus the video recording is solid! However, no phone is perfect, I literately sat down, made a list of what I wanted out of my phone; since I go through phones all the time, and came to the conclusion that I would not be using the 1520 that much for pics, and especially low light pics, and if I do I'll use the flash I will just play with the pic and try to clean it up best as I can, I mean there are so many apps now that should be able to help with this (I hope). I am not a prof. photog. I just enjoy the basics. Also, I see the same few people complain about the low light pics/video recording, again they keep the flash off, and ya its noisy but the 1020 was too, to an extent, in the end these are still phones, not camera's. I also think you will see a slight firmware upgrade in the camera, but in the end, browsing the net, email, a few games, social media, movies, is what the 1520 is meant for I think, I don't think Nokia made this phone thinking "professional photographers will love this one!" Anyways I feel like I dork holding it up taking pics anyways with it lol. Also, imo the speakers are better in the 1520 compared to the 1020, so again you win some, you lose some. But again, for each their own, its what you want from your phone. Don't let others persuade you! Good luck, just be happier with your choice that's all!

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've gone from 1020 to 1520 to 1020 to 1520 to 1020 to 1520. I'm not exaggerating. Yes, the 1020 takes better lowlight picture and video. Ideal lighting situations, there is a difference as well, but not huge. Every other aspect though, the 1520 crushes the 1020. That's why I finally settled on the 1520. The battery life is amazing and the display and extra column for tiles is something you WILL miss if you go back to the 1020. I'm assuming there will be an update to address some of the camera performance (nokia's history would suggest this). For photos, most differences can be made up with creative studio. If you go back to the 1020, you'll notice that it isn't as snappy as the 1520. Don't do what I did. Stay with the 1520. Its the better overall phone.

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same camp as giantenemybird, though not as many switches. Went from a 1020 to a 1520, back to a 1020, then back to a 1520. The first time I gave up the 1520 I figured I'd like the 1020 as much as the first time around, but it was not the case, i only noticed all the things I was missing (big screen, huge batt life that I could use with peace of mind).

For me, the improved camera quality in the 1020 was not enough to justify walking away from the large screen (and more livetiles in both horizontal and vertical space), battery life (nearly 2-3x more than the 1020), and the microSD card (got a 64gb sdcard in there and it's great).

Only caveat would be the touch screen oversensitivity swipe->tap issue, but I have faith that will be fixed in due time. The 1520 is a better phone than the 1020 in almost every way outside of the camera (and amoled glance + wireless charging as the 1020 still does qi with a thin cover, unlike the ugly, fat incipio PMA case and mat the at&t 1520 requires).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs