Nano sim - No service

mnya

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I've received a new unlocked 1520 a few days ago, and signed up with a local carrier. The salesperson said the sim card would be activated in 3 days, yet I still get the No Service warning (3 days went by). I can't test the sim card because it's the only phone I have with a nano sim. It does find all the available carriers, and even if I choose mine, it says 'no service' .

However, there may be something wrong with how the sim card has been cut - a part of the chip is missing.

Here's how it looks:

http://i.imgur.com/3c7r2KW.jpg

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 3c7r2KW.jpg
    3c7r2KW.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 11

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I looked up nano-SIM images and I think you may be right. I don't think the chip should be cut in any way. Who ever did it had poor aim.

Saying that, have you checked the regional settings on the phone and that it's set to your country?

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
there's definitely something wrong with the sim card. my nano sim has plastic surrounding the the chip. go to a tmobile corporate store, they will get you new one for free, and program it.

AzelDazel

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Im getting this also, thought it was a badly cut sim but just received a proper nano sim from my carrier, sim is activated (tried in my 920 with an adaptor) but still says no service. Any ideas?!

Some extra info.
RM-937_eu_euro1_231
was sold to me advertised as unlocked.
Red model in the UK

Last edited:

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, red in the UK has only been available through O2, initially locked. O2 do provide unlocks, it's maybe worth checking if an O2 or a Tesco SIM works.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
there's definitely something wrong with the sim card. my nano sim has plastic surrounding the the chip. go to a tmobile corporate store, they will get you new one for free, and program it.

I used scissors to cut my MicroSim to NanoSim, looks worse than the one above, but AT&T's MircoSim is so big, I wound up cutting a bit of the metal. But it works, will go in different ways, but only one way works.

indie24

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a virgin sim which was massive and I cut away the metal and works fine, no issues.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just got a new nano-SIM form my provider and it worked right way. It's designed as nano-SIM with a continues plastic frame, all around. I believe you could also get one that was designed as nano-SIM, with no cuttings or chopping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2