This guy got "one-upped" on imgur...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Original post: Ever get frustrated with the small screen size of your iPhone? - Imgur

nxMedyp.jpg

A response: Are you frustrated with your puny iPhone? - Imgur

WTiaXM8.jpg

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Iphone looks like a baby , the screen on iphone is not even 720p hd which is now becoming a must in every phone. Oh apple now they will implement 5-6 " display with 1080p screen and will it call it first on mobile device , this is innovation. xD

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Iphone looks like a baby , the screen on iphone is not even 720p hd which is now becoming a must in every phone. Oh apple now they will implement 5-6 " display with 1080p screen and will it call it first on mobile device , this is innovation. xD

And then they'll patent it and sue Nokia & Samsung.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

While I agree in principle, please do not run around disparaging products which deserve praise. You may not like the iPhone but it does a lot of things very well. Remember that at one time (2012, I think) AAPL's iPhone revenue was more than that of the whole of MSFT.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
While I agree in principle, please do not run around disparaging products which deserve praise. You may not like the iPhone but it does a lot of things very well. Remember that at one time (2012, I think) AAPL's iPhone revenue was more than that of the whole of MSFT.
Wow , look at the latest ios 7 , it always me me feel sick , dizzy , though ios have lot of applications but I am bored of static icons , the parralax effect is **** , live tiles are more refreshing ....can iphone users share files via Bluetooth ? Don't compare airdrop , it's completely different , they have Bluetooth v4 but it's half baked in os.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. Apple is a great company. Their market cap is mare than 50% bigger than Microsoft's. They have a winner with the iPhone, 4" screen and all. The iPhone is by far the single most popular smartphone. And, if the rumors are true, there may be a 5.7" iPhone soon.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. Apple is a great company. Their market cap is mare than 50% bigger than Microsoft's. They have a winner with the iPhone, 4" screen and all. The iPhone is by far the single most popular smartphone. And, if the rumors are true, there may be a 5.7" iPhone soon.

Not here in my country. It is damn expensive. We don't have any contract system , so one have to buy the iPhone at its full price. Same apples on any other phone , though there are some mobile operators like Vodafone which tells to buy iPhone and be in some sort of contract for 2-3 years but they way they sell iPhone is actually 20-30% more expensive than actually cost. I own an iPad 3 which is now as slow as iPhone 4S , just because of iOS 7 , how they cheated iPad 3 users , one must be familiar with new iOS 7 glossy transparent , frosted look and fell in entire os. They just disabled all those new effects made it look dull and ugly , it is very sluggish in daily usage , safari keeps on crashing , so one day I decided to jailbreak it (in jan I guess ) , I used a tweak parralax enablur , it turned on all the blue , frosty effects in iOS on my iPad , another apple disabled on my iPad was airdrop feature which they said is exclusive to iPhone 5 and above and iPad mini 1 and above , iPad 4 and above since they all have Bluetooth 4.0 , but wait when my iPad was launched it was advertised and said it has latest Bluetooth 4.0 with LTE. I could enable this airdrop via another tweak from cydia. Another great example how apple cheats or dominate older products take a case of most popular iPad 2 , it has apple designed A5 chip with 512MB ram , a dual core chip , and same is in iPad mini 1st generation , iPad mini got all the features of iOS 7 including blur, Siri , AirDrop , but iPad 2 didn't get Siri , blur effects , iPhone 4S have the same specs of iPad 2 and iPad mini and it too get all those effects , Siri but lack airdrop feature , one can able it via cydia. My iPad is more powerful than iPhone 4S and iPad mini, 2 since it has apple designed A5X (X here is for quad core graphics ) with double the ram 1GB , I got Siri , but not anything new. Is this market tactics by apple , the largest mobile holder ? Now look at Microsoft , they will support all the windows phone 8 devices by at least 36 months and will guarantee next update. Though apple brought iOS 7 to iPhone 4 but ask an iPhone 4 user are they happy with the iOS 7.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

The guy is speaking the truth. Putting a miniscule number of pixels on a tiny screen and calling it "Retina" is marketing not innovation. The iphone shouldn't be praised. The apple marketing department should be praised. If Windows Phone was pumping out flagship phones in 2014 that didn't even have 720p resolution every single publication on the planet would be saying what a joke Windows Phone is. But since it is Apple that doesn't have a single phone with a 720p screen it's "innovation." The BS has to stop.

And as far as revenue is concerned all Apple sells is iphones and ipads. Their ipod market is crashing and they are nonexistent in the rapidly commoditizing PC market. Don't fool yourself. Apple only sells two products.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
And as far as revenue is concerned all Apple sells is iphones and ipads. Their ipod market is crashing and they are nonexistent in the rapidly commoditizing PC market. Don't fool yourself. Apple only sells two products.

Is the iPod market crashing or Apple just hasn't updated the iPod in a very very long time? Two completely different things.

Nonexistent in the PC? When have they ever existed on a large scale? They sell the least but make the most revenue of any PC OEM.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is the iPod market crashing or Apple just hasn't updated the iPod in a very very long time? Two completely different things.

I like how Apple zombies are entitled to their own reality. No one is buying $300 mp3 players regardless of who makes them or how up to date they are.

Nonexistent in the PC? When have they ever existed on a large scale? They sell the least but make the most revenue of any PC OEM.

Quote with a link please. And please don't post any "PC" numbers that are puffed up with combined ipad sales.

All Apple makes are iphones and ipads. And they can't even make a phone with a 720p screen. Anyone who says different is lying.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I like how Apple zombies are entitled to their own reality. No one is buying $300 mp3 players regardless of who makes them or how up to date they are.

Lol, what's a Apple zombie? Sounds like someone is taking stuff personal. Back to your original statement, Apple simply hasn't updated it's iPod line in over a year. The MP3 player business as a whole is declining. Fact is Apple sold 6 million, of year old and outdated MP3 players last quarter.

Quote with a link please. And please don't post any "PC" numbers that are puffed up with combined ipad sales.

All Apple makes are iphones and ipads. And they can't even make a phone with a 720p screen. Anyone who says different is lying.

Smh. Its common knowledge that Apple makes the most revenue on everything. Computers, phones and tablets. You have to be hiding under a rock to not know this.

They can't make a 720p screen or they refuse? Again, two totally different things.

Sorry I have to play devils advocate around here.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You know, this is dumb, this is a Windows Phone forum. You like iOS or Android go to your own forum and say how great those platforms are there. This is like going into a Ford dealer and telling everyone how great a Chevy is. And it started with a joke, yes, you can change the "iPhone" and put a Lumia 520 in there. It's that big of a difference. This thread didn't start off asking what the difference is.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Its common knowledge that Apple...

So common you can't find any proof?

Back to your original statement, Apple simply hasn't updated it's iPod line in over a year.

That's because they are a smart company and they aren't going to expend resources on designing $300 mp3 players.

Look spin it any way you want. Apple only sells iphones and ipads. That's what the lion's share of their revenue comes from. Everything else is just a hodgpodge of other devices and services. Not sure why people want to argue about this...

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-24%20at%205.04.43%20PM.png

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So common you can't find any proof?

That's because they are a smart company and they aren't going to expend resources on designing $300 mp3 players.

Look spin it any way you want. Apple only sells iphones and ipads. That's what the lion's share of their revenue comes from. Everything else is just a hodgpodge of other devices and services. Not sure why people want to argue about this...

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/business/Screen Shot 2012-04-24 at 5.04.43 PM.png

Smh, you're clearly confusing revenue with the word sales. That chart breaks down SALES, nothing about revenue. Why do I know this. Apple lumps every iOS device into the same category.

Smh.
http://m.digitaltrends.com/computing/mac-sales-spike-19-percent-last-quarter-imac-macbook-air/

If you care to actually educate yourself
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2014/01/27Apple-Reports-First-Quarter-Results/#mn_p

Apple is handily beating every PC OEM in profits.

This is coming from a HP and Lenovo fan.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
[url]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ypfzw4.jpg
[/URL]

Some people simply can't accept reality.

Smh. You win. Don't bother reading facts.

I'm not arguing that they sale a ton ios products. That's true.

You said they are non existent in the PC market. I said when have they ever existed? I said they have the most revenue of any PC OEM, then you proceed to post charts of Apple revenue break down of Apple. ??? Lol.

A better breakdown would be a chart of Apple selling a fraction of computers, but turning the most profit.

Example
Apple vs Lenovo vs Dell. Who makes the most money?

But, you're stuck on the Apple just sells iOS devices.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Smh, you're clearly confusing revenue with the word sales. That chart breaks down SALES, nothing about revenue. Why do I know this. Apple lumps every iOS device into the same category.

Some people simply can't accept reality.
Smh. You win. Don't bother reading facts.

Errr... You quite clearly said I wasn't posting revenue numbers. So I prove that I was and now I am not "reading facts"?!

Listen man Apple's primary business is selling iphones and ipads. And even with that the item that makes up the majority of their revenue doesn't even have a 720p screen... or a screen larger than 4". That is a FACT. If Nokia or MSFT pulled some garbage like that every website, forum, and blog would be full of people saying what a laughing stock Windows Phone is. But with Apple? No it is an innovative "Retina" display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans