Love this phone! I do have a strange question though...

Roy Keren

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have been using iPhones for years now, most recently the iPhone 5 but I love the Nokia phones and Windows OS despite its immaturity.
Earlier this week I decided to spoil myself and get the 1520 from AT&T and still keep the iPhone. This way I could use both and enjoy both worlds!

Luckily for me the 1520 and iPhone use the same SIM card so what I do is basically transfer the SIM between the phones and take the phone that I feel like having with me every day :)
So far my arrangement has been working very nicely and I spend 90% of the time with the 1520, I just love it, everything about it.

The one thing I can not wrap my head around is text messages. I noticed that I wasn't reeving text messages from many of my friends who claimed they kept trying to get in touch with me. After looking into this, I realized that my contact information on all of my friend's phones (the ones that use iPhones) is associated with an iMessage address and my Nokia can not receive the texts that they sent me (even though it is associated with my phone number).
The result is text messages that were sent and I never saw.

When I send them texts, they get them and even when they reply to something that I sent, I don;t see it.

I really don;t know how to resolve this, I tried turning off iMessages on my iPhone and iPad but it doesn't help. Any ideas please? I really don;t want this to be the reason I give up the 1520 :-(
It seems like some sort of technicality I can figure out and overcome.

Thank you all in advance!

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've turned off iMessage, try to send a text from your iPhone to your friends iPhone to make sure it shows as "green" instead of iMessage "blue". After that they should be able to text your 1520. They can also go into their contact settings and change your number from "iPhone" to "Mobile"

Roy Keren

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Kris!
I tried that (turning off iMessage) and for some reason it still appears on my friend's phones as blue (iMessgae).
So basically I need to tell all my friends to change my contact info from iPhone to Mobile. I can do that, so cumbersome though... and I will probably miss out a few...
Thanks for the advice man, I guess this is my only option.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember seeing the same question a few months ago on xda about moving from iphone to android. From memory I think he had to remove his imessage from itunes.

Sorry about not being very clear but that's all I can remember. For what it is worth I think it was on the Samsung Galaxy S4 forum.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You should also make sure they're not trying to send you texts from their iPad...like my wife still tries to do with me.

They should see that it doesn't go through, and then send as "text" should come up. You would think iOS would know better. I think Apple just assumes no one will ever leave iPhone for a non Apple product....:winktongue:

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Use the search on the forum for iMessage and you'll find quite a lot of threads about it. I think one definite step to take is via settings on the iPhone, set iMessage on then remove your phone number from the Send & Receive options, then turn iMessage off again. There are a few other things that people suggest too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss