Firmware update notifier: 1.0.1.11
Glance pinboards app agent: 1.0.1.6
Nokia first use experience: 1.6.0.20
Nokia share: 2.1.3.2
Nokia spam filter: 1.7.3.1
Silent installer: 1.4.1.2
SIM unlock: 1.0.0.5
SMS vCard receiver: 1.2.1.7

Not sure is any of those have been updated or not.

No app updates after running SysApp Pusher after firmware update.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know when the AT&T version will get the firmware? I hate to be in a locked Lumia 1520. All updates are from the carrier not directly from Nokia.

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have an unlocked UK RM-937, had no other issues apart from screen sensitivity where it would register a ta rather than a swipe etc, Now seems to have been resolved with latest update, Have never used Clove but have heard they are good, I got mine from Carphone warehouse on contract but was supplied an unlocked handset, I cannot fault it and highly recommend you at least try one out if you can and then decide, Best of luck.

For how long you have yours?
Dont know if this is a silly question but here it goes, if i buy online from Clove (assuming that they sell the UK Variant) even if i put my region/country Portugal, will the updates be the same as you get? When you get in UK an update, will i in Portugal receive the same update?

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Web browser is super fast after update. Pages loads almost instantly and no lag at All when moving around on page.

Will report more when getting more use after patch.

Edit: screen dimming bug is gone Also 👌

Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
@megamsp I am not sure if the carriers have some say in when you receive an update, However assuming you purchased an unlocked device then it should receive updates before carrier locked?

indie24

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just checked on my unbranded rm-937 UK for update and its come through! Updates are live people

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just checked on my unbranded rm-937 UK for update and its come through! Updates are live people

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk
You guys are making us jealous that EU are enjoying the update while we in the US are waiting for AT&T to move their lazy *** to delivery the update. But knowing AT&T this is not going to happen until probably sometime in March.

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
@megamsp I am not sure if the carriers have some say in when you receive an update, However assuming you purchased an unlocked device then it should receive updates before carrier locked?

Thank you. I really hope that those irritating issues are gone. Nokia flagship deserves to be among the best.

I think the same that if i buy a UK version i will get the update. Im not 100% shure but i think yes.
My son 920 (factory unlocked) is an italian variant and when the black update came out it was one of the first variant to get the update.
If its a factory unlocked i think that the updates arrive even if you are in a different country variant.
Can someone with more experience confirm this?

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone with more experience confirm this?

The updates will arrive according to the software/firmware that you have installed. I had my 920 initially locked to EE (UK) and then unlocked it and installed the CV_GB software. When Amber was released I received the update as per the CV_GB schedule (first, the EE devices got it much later).

So if you buy the CV_GB 1520 variant you will receive the update OTA when the CV_GB devices get it whether you are physically in the UK or not.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe the AT&T models had been updated. The build number is different than the International variant.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_belarus_russia_205 using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I believe the AT&T models had been updated. The build number is different than the International variant.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_belarus_russia_205 using Tapatalk
the patch has not been available yet... I am using AT&T and the firmware build number has been the same since December of last year.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Norway but have an unlocked version from UK operator (000-GB) Lumia 1520 (RM-937), and just got the update yesterday

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. I not the kind of person that changes the phone factory setup. I just make the updates that are made by the smartphone brand.

So it looks like this update have solved the screen sensetivity and has been to a bluetooth improvement?
And what about wifi? Some of you have had problems related to wifi? Does the 1520 have a strong wifi connection?
No more reboots?
Have you noted any other improvements with this new uptade?

Im really happy for everyone that has received this update. I hope that everything from now on works flawlessly. I think now everybody is waiting for the 8.1.

Last edited:

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. I not the kind of person that changes the phone factory setup. I just make the updates that are made by the smartphone brand.

So it looks like this update have solved the screen sensetivity and has been to a bluetooth improvement?
Nope, the Screen Sensitivity issue remains, at least on mine with default settings, one day after update. .
And what about wifi? Some of you have had problems related to wifi? Does the 1520 have a strong wifi connection?
No more reboots?

WIFI has always been working fine. I have never had any reboots either.

Have you noted any other improvements with this new uptade?

Im really happy for everyone that has received this update. I hope that everything from now on works flawlessly. I think now everybody is waiting for the 8.1.
I personally didn't have many issues, except the Screen Sensitivity issue, but it seas to remain with everything on default setting after update. Turning other stuff on/off may still solve it, but I didn't have time to try them yet. .

Yep, the WP 8.1 will make much bigger improvements for sure.

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I am really angry and disgusted at this firmware not fixing Double Tap instead of Swipe BUG!
as I said here too
I am Disgusted the New Nokia 1520 firmware has not... - Nokia Support Discussions

:?(
shh... Someone's gonna jump out to speak up for Nokia and the thread will be locked again :p

This update took long enough to come. I flashed my phone to a Ukrainian version and found the tap issue was significantly improved, but its not yet complete fix. If the previous extra+info fixed 85% of the issue, I'd say this update fixed 95%. Still acceptable from my view though i thought Nokia could have handled this situation better. E.g. They took long enough to deliver this fix, and in this new revision there is no mentioning of fixing this issue (trying to avoid admitting an issue or they don't consider this as an issue or they still haven't developed a fix to include in this revision??)

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is improved for me. My 1520 worked for the first time with my old (2005) BMW integrated hands free this morning! Not convinced it is consistent, as I had some issues on the way home, but it has NEVER worked once before the new firmware.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
UK update came through last night, so far the phone feels a little quicker and no swipe issue........BUT!!!! its been less than 24hrs, I will give it 3 days before I claim the fix worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb