Cracked Camera lens

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would post and see if anyone else has seen this yet. Went to shoot an image and noticed some holga like light streaking. I checked my lens and its cracked. I purchased my 1520 9 days ago and had the 900 and 920 before it with no issues. I didnt drop it or do anything weird short of it being in my pocket. I have seen issues with the screen cracking from pocket use given the size that makes sense with the flexibility of the body. But this crack is across arguably the strongest part. I am in contact with Nokia Care and we will see what happens. They made mention of returning it to POS which is ATT but even with the insurance which I have I think they will charge me which sucks. Just an FYI, I wish I knew what caused it so I can say dont do it but I really have no clue.WP_20140210_09_14_38_Pro20140210091724.jpg

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So Att wants to charge me 200.00 for the deductible and Nokia wants me to send it in to their repair facility for a fee. So does anyone know where to buy the US battery cover? I saw the European one's on Ebay. Also just to make sure the outer lens is included in the battery case like the 920?

Yep they had no idea how it happened, basically said to Bleep off.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why you didn't simply say when you took the plastic protective film off the lens when you got the phone home you discovered the crack. Nine days is within the return period. Tell them you were out of town on business and just got back and didn't have time to deal with it.

I am super careful with devices when I first get them and keep all the boxes and paperwork just in case I discover defects. If the phone looks new except for the defect I'm complaining about what can they say?

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No, like they did. There is no marks or anything on the phone and I more or less told them what you said. I pulled it out to take a picture and noticed weird light streaks, thats when I noticed a crack. The bag of ****** was blaming it on my pocket. ATT doesn't care they got their money, I am a bit more irk'ed at Nokia Care. Short of hitting it on the corner of the table this shouldn't happen, especially across the strongest part of the body. There response was more or less oh well.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
No, like they did. There is no marks or anything on the phone and I more or less told them what you said. I pulled it out to take a picture and noticed weird light streaks, thats when I noticed a crack. The bag of ****** was blaming it on my pocket. ATT doesn't care they got their money, I am a bit more irk'ed at Nokia Care. Short of hitting it on the corner of the table this shouldn't happen, especially across the strongest part of the body. There response was more or less oh well.

I wouldn't say I took it out of my pocket. I would say I took it out of the at&t box and noticed it when I removed the sticker. Stuff like that happens all the time. I went to a warehouse retailer recently and ordered a three pack of something. Well two of the bottles were fine and one was completely empty! I mean never used... pristine! Sometimes you take things out of the box and they are not 100%. But yeah don't say you used the think and stuck it in your pocket!

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my 8x. I took it into the ATT service center and told them it broke while I was wiping it. The replaced it no questions asked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720