Lumia 1520 sudden battery drop!!

prest208

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problems..had my phone for a month..and now my battery Life sucks, after a full charge it says 1 day 10hours, 20mins later its says 4hrs remaining, did 2 hard resets ,still same problems... getting a new phone on Monday... hoping problems will be solved

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems..had my phone for a month..and now my battery Life sucks, after a full charge it says 1 day 10hours, 20mins later its says 4hrs remaining, did 2 hard resets ,still same problems... getting a new phone on Monday... hoping problems will be solved

That behavior is usually indicative of a 'rogue' app. When you did the hard resets did you have it reinstall the apps from the backup, or did you start fresh?

stylo388

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually now i know why my battery used to sucked up...
I used to close apps by holding back button and list of used apps open up.. From there i tap on cross button... But this doesnt close the app ....apps still runs in baground...

And now i close apps by taping on back button instead of holding... And i notice a huge difference in my battery life... Insider now showing 2-3% per hr battery usage and back before it used to show 4-6% per hour...

I hope it will help other

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually now i know why my battery used to sucked up...
I used to close apps by holding back button and list of used apps open up.. From there i tap on cross button... But this doesnt close the app ....apps still runs in baground...

And now i close apps by taping on back button instead of holding... And i notice a huge difference in my battery life... Insider now showing 2-3% per hr battery usage and back before it used to show 4-6% per hour...

I hope it will help other
dont know if that is right. its an easy way in black firmware to close the apps. the app doesnt run in the background unless its an im app in which case it will run in the background the other way too.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Over the weekend, mine drained to 20% after 43 hours of use. I wasn't trying particularly hard to save the battery, using it to check email/web every so often and I only really use the Windows button to close apps.

I did have a case a month or so ago when the battery was draining quickly, but a soft reset sorted that out for me. Been very happy with the battery on this.

stylo388

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
After a soft reset it solved my problem.. Thanks man ... Its more than 2 hrs and insider first showing.. 2.xx and its showing 0.9

Sent from my RM-937_im_india_235 using Tapatalk

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Same happening to,me on,my,lumia 1020... Iam,sure. Its a app tat that drains the battery.... Always check last few apps u installed . Uninstall those apps and see if battery life comes bak to normal...or hard reset is the best solution

Sent from my yellow Lumia 1020

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset should be the last option. Soft reset will usually kill any out of control apps/services which is the usual cause of excessive battery drain/heat.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds. When you feel the phone buzz, let go and the phone will reboot.

This does the same thing as removing and replacing the battery and won't force you to restore your phone/accounts from a backup.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 1520 swapped yesterday and was startled to find that the estimated time remaining on this one is about half what my previous device gave. I did notice that At 98% it did jump up to 1 day, 13 Hours. My previous 1520 however would give an estimate of 22 hours at 65% remaning, 17 hours with 44% remaining and so on and so forth. I have the same apps running in the background that I used to. I did disable the Here Drive + background since I don't even really know what that does.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a mixed experience with the battery in the 1.5 months that I've owned the phone. Up until this past week, I was draining 4-5% an hour with the phone just sitting there off. Since Friday, I have noticed that my drain has reduced to less than 1% per hour. That seems reasonable given the size of the battery. I really don't know what happened other than a few app updates coming down that are involved in my background processing.

I really wish there was a way that we could see what kind of effort background tasks were doing. 8.1 will hopefully bring battery consumption by app like android. Seems like I saw that on a list somewhere.

Meanwhile, I still suffer from the touch sensitivity screen thing. Not going to change out my phone until Windows 8.1 and I do a real backup of apps and data. So tired of losing my progress due to changing out bad Nokia hardware.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
To follow up, my battery life has leveled out. Once Battery had more measurements on the device is got back to normal. Good luck all!

lyubomeer

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just checked mine, I'm happy.

HOW YOU DO THAT< CHEATER?!:confused: Jk :amaze:

Any tips on how you achieve that? WHat i get MAX, if I'm lucky, is about 20 hours. Do you have Cellular always on or off? Location? Background tasks? Any help from you would be appreciated.
What about WP8.1 Did the battery life go downhill/improve/stay the same?

I just can't believe unless I see it by my own eyes. 3 days off charge + 3 days remaining at 50%? Sounds photoshopped, as for me :3

Waiting for your reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon