Looking for a neoprene sleeve for my Lumia 1520

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for a neoprene sleeve for my Lumia 1520 to no avail. I had found one on Amazon and ordered it, but it was too short to fit the phone properly. Really upsetting considering it was advertised for the 1520. I have Shocksock neoprene sleeves that I had ordered from Amazon.UK for my Lumia 920, 620, and 520, and they're great. But they don't have one for the 1520. Has anyone been able to find a neoprene sleeve that actually fits the 1520? I don't want a case, just a sleeve I can slide the phone into and out of like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOKIA-LUMIA...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2351877
If you know of one, let me know. Thanks!

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually there is two versions of that neoprene sleeve. The one that does NOT come with a stylus seems to fit, while the one that coms with a stylus is too short.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually there is two versions of that neoprene sleeve. The one that does NOT come with a stylus seems to fit, while the one that coms with a stylus is too short.

This is the neoprene sleeve I ordered from Amazon in the U.S. that is advertised for the 1520: Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Case Red Neoprene Pouch Cover With Caseflex Logo: Cell Phones & Accessories. I ordered just the sleeve without the stylus and the 1520 doesn't fit in it. The sleeve is too short. Interesting that the sleeve is no longer available. Maybe they got enough complaints that the phone doesn't fit in it. My search continues...

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Must it be neoprene? I'm a sleeve guy and since I couldn't find one like you, I opted for those pouches with thin foam linings inside for a Nexus 7 and took out a trusty tape measure and sewing kit. Cut my own and so far so good. I'd still get a neoprene though if I can find one that fits good but my diy thing would do for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Must it be neoprene? I'm a sleeve guy and since I couldn't find one like you, I opted for those pouches with thin foam linings inside for a Nexus 7 and took out a trusty tape measure and sewing kit. Cut my own and so far so good. I'd still get a neoprene though if I can find one that fits good but my diy thing would do for now

Good idea! It seems that DIY is the only option at this point.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just came across MightyPouch.com. They make custom-made-to-your-specs neoprene sleeves/pouches. Here is a link to their selection of phone pouches: Custom Fit Cases, Pouches, Covers & Sleeves MightyPouch.com
Granted they're not cheap, but I splurged and ordered the "Custom Fitted Standard Neoprene Phone Pouch" for my Lumia 1520. They ask for the make and model of the phone on the order form, but I was also able to type in the phone's dimensions per Nokia's specs in the Specialty Notes section. I'll post here again once I get it to let you all know how it turned out, in case you're interested in ordering one.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Eagerly waiting..... Thanks

My order confirmation email said it takes approximately 2 weeks to custom make the pouch, so I'll be waiting awhile. Fortunately, shipping transit time shouldn't take too long since they're in AZ and I'm in CA.

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
are most of the people on this board from the UK?

You're all a bunch of WANKERS!!

Just kidding guys, always wanted to say that. It's funny,if I said that here in Texas people would be like.."wtf"

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who is interested, I've recently received the custom neoprene sleeve I ordered from MightyPouch.com. I'm happy to report my 1520 fits in it perfectly, though there is a little wiggle room, so a 1520 with a slim case on it should still fit. I had given them the dimension specs that are on Nokia's web site. The sleeve is made of a nice quality, thick neoprene. The back of the inside of the sleeve is lined with a tear-resistant nylon fabric. I opted for the Velcro closure. I had ordered it with no attachment option on the back (clip, belt loop, etc.) since I'll be putting it in my handbag, but mine came with a buckled strap on the back, which could come in handy if I ever want to attach it to something. Overall, it's nicely made and well stitched. It came with a little card signed by the seamstress who made it. Yes, it was pricey, but it's good quality and is exactly what I wanted for my 1520. I've attached some pictures. I got red to match my red 1520. :smile:

WP_20140305_001.jpg
WP_20140305_003.jpg
WP_20140305_005.jpg

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just tried Mightypouch. Apparnetly they don't ship to Canada unless you're willing to choose the $84 international shipping option. I'd rather not pay $100 for a little Neoprene pouch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium