New to WP8 looking for apps

rtojohnny08

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for the suggestions, I can tell I am going to enjoy my new phone and my new community as well!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Jordan Laureano1

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Well good move , get a 1520 Lumia...im jealous . I also want one. For workout apps, Adidas micoach and runtastic , fit bit are for me very useful and informative. For note taking . Number one is ONE NOTE. Using a Lumia is indeed powerful because its office apps are preinstalled like Microsoft office excel, word, SharePoint, office remote, box, camscanner, handy scanner, evernote, mint, SkyDrive, and a lot more. Email, windows live, Gmail, yahoo mail . Lync 2013, due, jongla, Nokia conference, Nokia chat, group me ....very useful for office use.. So don't hesitate, just get the Lumia 1520 ...yellow or red . Good luck and enjoy Lumia 1520 windows OS��

xchaser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
A good Weather Radar App with Live updates of Tornados and Hurricane. One that really works in all windows version of wp.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
2. "Stop the Music!" from developer Boodev (free/0.99). When you play music on your Windows Phone, the song remains on your volume bar until you either a) play a different song, in which case that one will stay there; b) reboot your phone. This app stops the song from showing on your volume bar.

Funny, when I first got my L900 I hated this feature too. I went into my local ATT store to ask them how to remove it. The rep looked at it and said "hey, thats pretty cool. i wish my android phone had this! Why do you want to remove it"

Anyway, differnt strokes.... Up to you but id see if ya like it first. Its actually very handy once you get used to it.

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
"No screen off" app - it allows to suspend the automatic screen off, then reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
I have it on my Android phone and find it extremely useful. I only disable it for the time when I am playing a game, reading something or taking pictures. It does not defeat the purpose of having a password lock, because after I am done, I enable it back.
The whole beauty about is that it works literally like a switch, turns ON and OFF by touching the screen, without messing up with the phone settings.
Google "No screen off" app for Android to see what I am talking about.

Last edited:

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Also simple "My tracks" app would be great. I know, WP has already few of them, but I am talking about something simple - just to keep track of walking, (not running, biking or driving), and without all the graphs and analysis.
Others worth mentioning are: "HP ePrint", and "Nokia sleeping screen" I had on my N8 Symbian and loved it!,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon