Insight/Input/Suggestions on getting the 1520

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Good day all,

I'm in the midst of moving my parents (late 60s/early 70s) over from Sprint to join my AT&T family plan and get them a 1520 (they've only had a flip/feature phone until now). I thought the screen would be an advantage due to its size and their eyes ;) I'm looking for suggestions for the phone...
I'm looking at the Fosmon 'S' case on Amazon since it provides much needed grip and doesn't affect the already big size (I've got Fosmon 'S' cases on four other 1020s right now and all users like em).
I'm also probably gonna install a Zagg shield on the screen.
Other than that, are there any apps you guys/gals can recommend?
They like to travel so the Here Drive+ should work great for that.
Dashboard for easy access to Airplane Mode, Storage and Wireless...other ideas?
They have Netflix, how's the Netflix app on the 1520? Is there anyone that uses it that likes it/recommends it?
I use Lockmix for a lockscreen app...any other suggestions instead of that?
Calendar app suggestions? They don't use Exchange (lol) so compatibility with that isn't necessary. Just good access to the standard Outlook.com\Live.com calendar.
I use Flashlight XT...any different suggestions?
They like word and puzzle games so I was going to put Wordament, Words with Friends, Sudoku, Bejeweled, and Solitaire Collection...
Other app ideas?

They aren't technical so I'm gonna try to configure the huge start screen to just the initial space so they don't have to scroll too much.

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions welcome; thank you for reading and your input.

Techiedude

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I took a look around and decided on Cal 1.2 for the calendar app; Amazing Weather for the weather app; Quick Settings for the WiFi and Airplane Mode access; and Free Space for storage status.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234