Lumia 1520 HAS RUINED ME lol(Positive thread)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So after my mom sort of screwed up this past weekend, went WAY OVERDRAMATIC and threw her phone in anger at the floor of the car because she thought she was "trapped" in the snowstorm(Newsflash: While she was stuck, she wasn't actually in any danger of being trapped). We discovered that our account had no insurance on it. That's actually something Att screwed up
with because given how careless she is with phones, I always make her get Insurance no matter what.....we learned that lesson the hardware when she managed to break a Droid Razr(after 6 other phones she inexplicably broke lol)

Anyway, I went with her to the store and the wait was LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG as ever. I am thinking it was because it was Valentine's Day or something, Idk.

While looking around, I was pushing her towards windows phones like the 920, 925 and the 1020. So tell me why when i picked up the 1020(Mind you this was my main phone i used alongside the 920 for 2013 before i got my 1520 in November on Launch Day), I was like "Jesus, this is small as heck."

The typing wasn't as enjoyable as it is on my 1520 since the screen is smaller and keyboard is more cramped.
The way it felt in my hand, i just felt strange using it even though i pretty much used that phone size in 2012 and 2013 lol.

Even Funnier, I was showing my mom the iPhone because if she didn't want the windows phone, I wanted her on Apple NOT android(especially Crapdung phones...though i wouildn't mind her using HTC or Moto X) and she picked it up and said it was too small and I agree. It felt like i was holding a child's play phone in my hand.

This 1520 has ruined me and i think I see now, unless something drastic happens, I am stuck using phones that big simply because anything else just feels wrong haha. I've only had this phone 3 months and it's like i can't even remember anything smaller :p I am sure there is an innuendo that can be made here or something haha

On a positive note, she did wind up getting the 925 but it seems as if the speaker Quality of the phone is muffled/tinny sounding so Idk what to do about that.....

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
On a positive note, she did wind up getting the 925 but it seems as if the speaker Quality of the phone is muffled/tinny sounding so Idk what to do about that.....

Try a head set, but my 920 was tinny, but AT&T replace it. Funny you should mention liking the size. I use to have the Note 2. Got rid of it because I thought it was too big and clumsy. The 1520 has a bigger screen, but feels more comfortable to use. Just wish MS would have a Swype like keyboard.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try a head set, but my 920 was tinny, but AT&T replace it. Funny you should mention liking the size. I use to have the Note 2. Got rid of it because I thought it was too big and clumsy. The 1520 has a bigger screen, but feels more comfortable to use. Just wish MS would have a Swype like keyboard.
did your replaced phone sound better?
And supposedly we are getting a swype type keyboard in the WP 8.1 update lol

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, tech support finally agreed that it was the speaker on the 920. So they sent me another. It worked great till I tried to reset it using the settings, then it froze at the part where the spinning cogs was at. So AT&T replaced it again. I used it about 3 months more and decided to go back to androids. I scored 2 free 1520's so I am on that phone now. I like the 1520 even though I think the placement of the power button is in a bad place. I shut down the phone some times when making a call. LoL I had two cases, I liked part of one and part of the other. So I took it apart and super glued it together and made a case that fits me almost perfect. ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, tech support finally agreed that it was the speaker on the 920. So they sent me another. It worked great till I tried to reset it using the settings, then it froze at the part where the spinning cogs was at. So AT&T replaced it again. I used it about 3 months more and decided to go back to androids. I scored 2 free 1520's so I am on that phone now. I like the 1520 even though I think the placement of the power button is in a bad place. I shut down the phone some times when making a call. LoL I had two cases, I liked part of one and part of the other. So I took it apart and super glued it together and made a case that fits me almost perfect. ;)
I'm wondering should she attempt to go in and do an exchange. I will ask her. I would hate to go to the store all over again just to see that the 925 in fact has a poor speaker lol.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering should she attempt to go in and do an exchange. I will ask her. I would hate to go to the store all over again just to see that the 925 in fact has a poor speaker lol.

Is she laying the phone flat and trying to listen to music from the speakers? If you look at the back of the 925, it's rather flat and the speaker grills are in a prime spot to be muffled by the surface the phone's on. I tend to flip the phone on the other side, screen down instead of screen up, and everything sounds great.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is she laying the phone flat and trying to listen to music from the speakers? If you look at the back of the 925, it's rather flat and the speaker grills are in a prime spot to be muffled by the surface the phone's on. I tend to flip the phone on the other side, screen down instead of screen up, and everything sounds great.
NAh it's usually when she holds the phone in the hand when's she talking on the phone .

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I honestly don't know how huge it is anymore. But sometimes when I whip it out people gasp at the size. It just looks normal to me.

Michael Knowles2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
But sometimes when I whip it out people gasp at the size

That's what she said...

but I hear you guys, this phone has ruined me when it comes to smaller phones now. Was amazed at how quickly I grew accustomed to the size, gave my fiance' my old 808pv and had to use it one night, let me just say that it was seriously awkward using it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
SHE HAS BROKEN 6- NOW 7- OTHER PHONES??? :shocked:

Is she like on Mobile's most wanted? Does she get thank-you notes from the companies for all the extra business? Does she use them for playing "catch the frisbee" with a dog that is a cross between a Bull Mastiff and German Shephard? Does she go cave diving, and use them for real time videos on the way down? Does she attach them to bumpers to cushion the oncoming blow with a telephone pole in her car? Use them for batting practice? Use them to slay a bunch of dudes all name Goliath?

Wow, I have broken three in my day, and the one I am using now has a cracked screen and I thought I was hard on them!! :evil:

Glad she got the L925. Sharp looking phone and I bet she likes it enough to take care of this one.

Like maybe never leave the house with it...

(All in good fun, Micah!! Hope she loves it!!)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
SHE HAS BROKEN 6- NOW 7- OTHER PHONES??? :shocked:

Is she like on Mobile's most wanted? Does she get thank-you notes from the companies for all the extra business? Does she use them for playing "catch the frisbee" with a dog that is a cross between a Bull Mastiff and German Shephard? Does she go cave diving, and use them for real time videos on the way down? Does she attach them to bumpers to cushion the oncoming blow with a telephone pole in her car? Use them for batting practice? Use them to slay a bunch of dudes all name Goliath?

Wow, I have broken three in my day, and the one I am using now has a cracked screen and I thought I was hard on them!! :evil:

Glad she got the L925. Sharp looking phone and I bet she likes it enough to take care of this one.

Like maybe never leave the house with it...

(All in good fun, Micah!! Hope she loves it!!)
I know right lol. Too funny. Usually she breaks them the same way she breaks every other one by accidentally dropping it lol.

This time she went crazy and literally threw it ...you can read the story here lol

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/263787-lumia-925-att-some-questions.html

I'm trying to keep her on windows phone but the 925 has a horrible speakerphone and she will be taking it back and I am trying to get her involved with 1520 but its not appealing to her. Our local att store seems to be out of every windows phone so she may wind up getting an android phone...but I'm trying to keep her on the windows team :)

dkhmwilliams

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The size of the Lumia 1520 is definitely attractive. Every time is go into the AT&T store I have to look at it. I'm still waiting for a few more apps to enter the market before I take the plunge. Been wanting to pick up a Windows phone for a long time. But can't because of missing apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Truman82

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I'd say 5 Inch screen would be enough, thus waiting for the next gen "925" which we can assume has at least same specs than lumia icon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs