PMA Case users chime in...

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Does your 1520 battery meter continue to flash as if it's charging after removing the phone from the Powermat? When I take mine off the mat, the battery meter continues to shift between the "plug" symbol and just the battery as if it's still charging. Rebooting fixes it, and it's done this both on two different 1520s now (same PMA shell). Curious to know if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

phiresun

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had my PMA and Mat since late January. I have not experienced anything like that. I will pay more attention tonight when I charge it again. But I can't say I've had that issue.

Forgot to answer back to this thread. I have not had the issue with my PMA case at all. It must be your case after reading your further issues. I hope things get fixed for you.

Last edited:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How long does it last? It would not be unusual for it to continue to charge for a few moments due to the magnetic field induced by the coil.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
How long does it last? It would not be unusual for it to continue to charge for a few moments due to the magnetic field induced by the coil.

I haven't actually noticed it going away at all, but I'll admit to not paying too careful of attention to tracking it. I'll check in the morning when I head out for work and see how long it takes to go away (if it ever does).

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I checked it this morning... Took the phone off the Powermat @ 7am and put it into my pocket, and as usual, it still showed as if it was charging. I checked it later on the the bus around 7:45, & after using it for a while for podcast listening, email checking, etc., it was still showing as being plugged in & @ 100% battery. I just checked it again now (9:45am), and it showed as still plugged in but @ 99% battery. I rebooted the phone, and when it came back up a minute later, it now showed 88% battery. Video here for evidence:

1520 Battery Meter Issue after Charging via PMA case - YouTube (was still processing but should be live by 10:15am ct if not before)

Note that it doesn't exhibit the same behavior charging via USB...

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I checked it this morning... Took the phone off the Powermat @ 7am and put it into my pocket, and as usual, it still showed as if it was charging. I checked it later on the the bus around 7:45, & after using it for a while for podcast listening, email checking, etc., it was still showing as being plugged in & @ 100% battery. I just checked it again now (9:45am), and it showed as still plugged in but @ 99% battery. I rebooted the phone, and when it came back up a minute later, it now showed 88% battery. Video here for evidence:

1520 Battery Meter Issue after Charging via PMA case - YouTube (was still processing but should be live by 10:15am ct if not before)

Note that it doesn't exhibit the same behavior charging via USB...

that is definitely not normal, but I don't know what to tell you. I suspect it is the case and not the phone. I would bring this back to your ATT store since this is ultimately their responsibility.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Just an update here... So, since it seems to be happening regardless of which 1520 I'm using, I have an RMA request in with Incipio. We'll see what happens when I get a replacement.

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the issue with mine. Do you have the issue of setting the phone down, having the charger chime and light-up, but the phone not give the "on-the-charger" chime? Or the issue of setting the phone on the charger and getting the charger-on chime followed by the charger-off chime having to go through the process again? Seems to be very picky on how you set it on the charger.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the issue with mine. Do you have the issue of setting the phone down, having the charger chime and light-up, but the phone not give the "on-the-charger" chime? Or the issue of setting the phone on the charger and getting the charger-on chime followed by the charger-off chime having to go through the process again? Seems to be very picky on how you set it on the charger.

Yes, I did see that some as well... where the powermat thought it was locked in, but the device charging didn't kick in. Pulling the phone off then putting back on seemed to fix that for me. I think it was an issue of it not quite being centered.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
An update here... Had the Incipio case replaced, and I still have the same issue. :(. So to summarize... 2 cases, 2 1520s, same issue...

Only thing I haven't replaced at this point is the Powermat... Guess that's next... Ugh

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that problem, but it can be a pain just to get it on the powermat right. But last couple days it has worked perfect. I think I may have placed it in a perfect position to put it down, because it has worked the first time for the last few days... LoL

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for responding here folks... I'm curious, though...

Does anyone here who's mentioned not having the issue have the 32gb version (product model 059V5B2)? Wondering if there could be something specific since it seems to have spanned both the old and replacement case and since I had the issue with the 32gb model I had replaced during the buyer's remorse period?

samk2099

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine does that since the day I got the case. If I don't charge it all the way, the charging indicator will still show. What I do now is just leave it charging overnight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium