1520 Photographers and Photo Enthusiast

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I know most "photographers" bought the 1020. However, I am a self-proclaimed photographer and got the 1520...so I know there are photo enthusiast's out there, who were also seduced by this beauty.

My question is......what are you using as a tripod for this beast? Are there any lens extensions, like there are for the iPhone? Any "photographer tips" you can pass on to the rest of us about your experience using the 1520 as a camera? This amazing phone has 20MP and professional camera controls....I want to start using this as my main camera.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Photography is my favorite hobby too and I got a Sony A77 and a few good lenses which I use for shooting wildlife and nature.

I have been looking for phone holder too and found this Phone Holder to use on my tripod, but this Small Tripod + Phone Holder can be an option too. I haven't used any of these and don't know anything about their quality or 1520 compatibility, but this seams to be the right concept for holding a phone on a tripod.

You can find some generic lenses/zooms but they will probably degrade the image quality of this ZIESS lens.

I have just got my Nokia 1520 and don't have enough experience with it's camera to offer any good tips, yet. I have only used it for landscape a few times and the result is promising, at least for wide angel shots where you don't need long lenses.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at both links. The first one only fits devices up to 7 cm...and the second tripod is the virtually the same. I've been looking for one for awhile now, and may just have to invent one...or create my own Lumia 1520 tripod holder. :smile:

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I am probably going to get this adapter. Looks solid. Then I can use my phone on any regular tripod.

That adaptor says it's only good for up to 3.3"....my 1520 with my feather case is 3.5".

So I think I'm going to go with this....and then get a regular tripod, and mini one too. The one I just posted a link to has minimum size of 4.5"....so I'm going to glue a perfect sized, one and a half inch pad to the bottom of the mount....so my 3.5" 1520 will be nice and snug in that new minimum size of 3" :smile: Plus when the phone is in the mount, the back of the phone where the lens is.....is completely open.

I will post back with pictures.

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I will go with this one: Tablet Tripod Mount
Looks much solid then the 6 dollars Case Star XL

I'm planing to buy this phone and I was thinking about accessories. I have Joby Griptight tripod mount that struggle alot to keep my Lumia 920 sturdy on the tripod, it does the job, but I don't trust it on the outside.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
You want to use the camera 1520 as the main camera, but people are saying that the camera has poor quality and have problems :unhappysweat:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You want to use the camera 1520 as the main camera, but people are saying that the camera has poor quality and have problems :unhappysweat:

Who says that? The only complaints so far have been low light noise, and from the pictures I have seen, it is negligible compared to other "phones."

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Mine takes great pictures. Sometimes it's not the camera... it's the thing behind the camera.

I will go with this one: Tablet Tripod Mount
Looks much solid then the 6 dollars Case Star XL

Multiple Amazon reviews mention cheap build quality and parts breaking.

I guess we should all order something and report back.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Subscribing to the thread. Very interesting. I'm not really a mobile photo guy but since getting my first Lumia until this is been snapping up some shots. Hoping to learn more

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Finally my Mini Tripod with Phone Holder has arrived. I need more time to conclude, but my first impression is:

The Phone holder fits the 1520 but it seams to be a very tight fit, with too much tensions. I'm not sure if that tension is meant to provide a firm grip, or maybe it's too small?. It's all plastic-fantastic, so the quality is not the greatest, but it have survived the test round today.

I already had a Handheld Grip Tripod and a small Quick Release laying around and mounted that Phone Holder on them. I didn't use the mini Tripod that came with it.

The test video-shot was fine without any shake. This is how it looks like in action, shooting video at Swan Lake:
DSC06758-edited-phone.jpg

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you upload the test video anywhere where we could check it out?

It's not possible to embed the video here, so you have to click below and watch on Flickr

This is a quick-cut using the free Microsoft Movie Maker. Just few cuts for combining footages and audio track, with no adjustment on the video. This is a MP4-encoded file to reduce size for internet transfer, the original/uncompressed file looks better.

All footages are shot with Lumia 1520 on above mentioned Phone Holder and Tripod, but flying-birds are shot handheld. I'm still experimenting to learn the tricks of this little monster and these are my first attempts. I'll hopefully make a better footage when the landscape gets "green", soon hopefully.

Wesleyshark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I use with my 1520... it's called a Beastgrip.

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

And I also use this tripod with it (photo taken with my always blurry-indoors Galaxy Note II lol):

20140423_130019.jpg

I've got a thread going about my whole experience with it thus far, also RIGHT HERE. Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)