Glance Screen text difficult to see on 1520

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed how difficult and dim the Glance Screen text is on the 1520 when compared to the 925. I came from the 925 and the text was very bright on the black background, but on the 1520 it's hard to see unless I'm holding the phone directly in front of my face. I've checked my settings and can't find a way to turn this brightness higher. My regular brightness is on high.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I know it doesn't really address the issue, but using a background image for your Glance screen does alleviate things if the image is in colour.

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I expect the text to be a little less crisp since it's an LCD, but this almost looks like something is wrong.

I've tried the different colors and they don't really help.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Like jmerrey has metioned, 1520 uses LCD while 925 uses AMOLED.
The latter displays only the "coloured" pixels, which by default are the white pixels and thus saving battery because the black areas aren't actually lit.
As for LCD, the whole screen has to be lit by the backlight.
Since AMOLED by nature is already consuming very little power in the glance screen due to the black area, the brightness is normal.
LCD on the other hand cannot afford to have the backlight running at normal brightness, hence it's really dim.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Not only does the Glance screen clock and Notifications move, while plugged in, but you can add text. Text does not show in night mode though. Bummer, I like the colored text. Hoping for an update that allows for colored text when night mode is off, and background.
I installed the Glance Screen Background App, and with the new Glance Screen text, Also Lock Screen text, I barely have to turn on my device to get what I need, at a "glance".

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my 1520 is dim, and the argument of its because its lcd whilst true compared to my amoled 808, but even with my lcd 920, the 920 is much brighter glnace than 1520, too dim, which they could tweak it a bit seeing as it has massive bat compared to 920!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte