1520's naked screen

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Q: For users who don't use flip cover and screen protectors on their 1520, does your phone's screen contain scratches now? And how long have you owned your phone?

Sidestory: I removed the screen protector since it contained heavy scratches from a dog who accidentally paws me as a sign of eagerness to play. I tried to replace it with my extra screen protector for Nilkin but I made a mistake on step 2, leading to messing up the adhesive side of the screen protector. So I decided to just remove it and wait until third week of March to buy some screen protector.

Anyway, my phone's screen still has no scratch.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No screen protection here and no apparent scratches including fine hairline ones. I keep my phone in my left front pocket with the screen against my leg as with all my touchscreen phones I've owned.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I've never used protector's on any of my phones (had every iPhone since the first one) and haven't had any issues....and I don't necessarily baby it...

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a clear ultra thin crystal clear case on my 1520. It gives me better grip and protects it (and the camera hump) while still showing off the beauty of this phone . I also have not had a screen protector on this phone either....not a single scratch on the lens. I use a terry cloth to clean it daily, and I like to think that I take care of my 1520/phones.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a clear ultra thin crystal clear case on my 1520. It gives me better grip and protects it (and the camera hump) while still showing off the beauty of this phone . I also have not had a screen protector on this phone either....not a single scratch on the lens. I use a terry cloth to clean it daily, and I like to think that I take care of my 1520/phones.

Tony, would you mind sharing the details of that case? I'm looking for something similar. I bought some cheap ones in the meantime.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
No screen protector on mine. I just use a Amzer case and a leather pouch with belt clip to keep the phone protected.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Btw I have the Nillkin hard case which, I think, is similar to the case that you've been talking about. But I only use it when I go to our mine site.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have hairline fine scratches no abuse not in pocket with anything else

Might be the case? I had a case that was a little too tight on mine. But the taking it on and off caused little fractures (scratches) along the edge. I thought they was scratches, but too many and evenly spaced apart. So that is why I put a shield on it, in hopes that it doesn't get worse.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Might be the case? I had a case that was a little too tight on mine. But the taking it on and off caused little fractures (scratches) along the edge. I thought they was scratches, but too many and evenly spaced apart. So that is why I put a shield on it, in hopes that it doesn't get worse.

I am thinking it is just from normal use. I just put on a leather folio two days ago. These are really fine surface scratches that I really can only see when the screen is dark and I look hard for them. More just an annoyance than anything else. Especially since this is the first phone I ever purchased at full retail price. Kind of protective of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb