I'm moving to the 1520 from a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone, the galaxy has horrendous battery life and I find I cannot even get a full day doing normal things on the phone
    I like the reviews this device has been getting and since my Girlfriend moved to the Samsung Mega like the form factor. The unit looks pretty study with the matte case and the
    Gorilla glass and I'm pretty easy on my devices they always look pristine when I turn them around. Is a case a neccessity on this phone, what are your experiences? I'm thinking
    a kickstand might help for media viewing , but is one necessary for everyday use?
    oditius likes this.
    02-21-2014 08:12 AM
    I'm moving to the 1520 from a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone, the galaxy has horrendous battery life and I find I cannot even get a full day doing normal things on the phone
    I like the reviews this device has been getting and since my Girlfriend moved to the Samsung Mega like the form factor. The unit looks pretty study with the matte case and the
    Gorilla glass and I'm pretty easy on my devices they always look pristine when I turn them around. Is a case a neccessity on this phone, what are your experiences? I'm thinking
    a kickstand might help for media viewing , but is one necessary for everyday use?
    its a little big but sweet.good battery too only issue in finding is my WiFi comes in and out?
    02-21-2014 08:18 AM
    Not necessary at all. It is a giant phone. Nokia build quality is amazing! Gorilla glass is super sturdy. However, kickstand will come in handy and if you are clumsy or have an OCD like me to keep the phone new for years or decades, a case will be handy there too.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-21-2014 08:18 AM
    I just ordered mine today so I am very excited!! Coming from a 920.
    oditius likes this.
    02-21-2014 05:41 PM
    Dont buy, look for 1520 screen sensitivity problem threads. Still wont go after many updates. Really pain in the ***

Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 06:01 AM
    Sell a million phone and a few are bad. But the only ones to post are the problems. I think the screen is really sensitive for even normal, but all the pluses out number the negs. I had the Note 2 and I thought it was too big, but this phone, even though it is bigger, doesn't seem to pose a problem. (Except for a few shirt pockets. lol) The screen is beautiful and clear to read. A lot better than the smaller phones I have had. It runs smooth as silk, not one android has ever been this smooth that I have ever owned. It is a real nice phone, I came from the HTC One, and I kept that phone for almost 4 months, and that is a record if you really knew me. :) This one I will probably keep, but never say never. I don't see any phones coming out that will make me want to get rid of it and move on. Oh and the battery? I use the heck out of it and still near 50% when I go to bed. Every other smartphone I had, I bought a power cord for work so I can charge it up mid-day.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-24-2014 06:13 AM
    I don't use my case frequently for mine. Now, it has minor scratches on its back but they could be noticed only when you take a closer look.

Currently, I removed my screen protector since it got heavy scratches from a dog who pawed my pocket. It's my third day using it naked but there's still no scratches on my screen. I put it in my pocket with the screen facing in.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 06:18 AM
    And note that there are some buggy 1520's out there. But mine isn't. Better test your phone heavily during your first day of usage. And btw, its battery life will suffice for a day of very heavy use. Light to moderate usage will give you longer battery life.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 06:20 AM
    I use a flip case that protects the screen and body and folds out in a triangle so I can watch it, so I don't need to "stick" anything on it. I have heard nothing but bad things about the S4's battery life. The phone itself is great, just need to buy a portable charger to carry...
    02-24-2014 06:21 AM
    I upgraded from a 920 to a 1520 last week, I was sick to death of having to constantly charge my 920. I'm on holiday in Morocco at the moment (from the UK), so far even though roaming uses more power, and I have Bluetooth and NFC on, plus the extra sensitivity so it works well through my case, and high brightness because of the sun, and in playing games on it all day (from 8am to 11pm) I still have 40% battery when I go to bed! Only issue I'm finding is that I cant use a USB extension when charging it, or it takes an absolute eternity (14hours) to charge fully. Using the normal length charger lead works fine.
    02-24-2014 06:27 AM
    Oh it also appears that they don't have Nokia in Morocco? Which I find strange, a few of the resort staff have asked me about it when theyve seen it in my hand. It seems there would be a fair bit of demand for Nokia here.
    02-24-2014 06:28 AM
    I also have double tap to unlock and glance screen on. Essentially everything that can be on, is on :D
    02-24-2014 06:30 AM
    I just got my white matte 1520 a few days ago. I didn't plan on getting a case but I've ordered one now because it can be quite slippy in the hand. Also I'm hoping with a case that it will help stop me accidentally hitting the camera button when I go to pick it up.
    02-24-2014 12:38 PM
    I just got my white matte 1520 a few days ago. I didn't plan on getting a case but I've ordered one now because it can be quite slippy in the hand. Also I'm hoping with a case that it will help stop me accidentally hitting the camera button when I go to pick it up.
    I want to order the white question how does it handle dirt since it is matte instead of gloss. I do not like cases and i get insurance so not worried about drops and stuff but would like to know if this is a dirt magnet like turning blue from being in jeans.
    02-25-2014 12:28 AM
    I want to order the white question how does it handle dirt since it is matte instead of gloss. I do not like cases and i get insurance so not worried about drops and stuff but would like to know if this is a dirt magnet like turning blue from being in jeans.
    Well it's only been about 5 days and without a case but mine is still spotless. I'm pretty rough with my phone too and will leave down anywhere and in and out of pockets?
    02-25-2014 04:20 AM
    Well, today I FINALLY got my 1520.

REALLY Love this thing, been using it all day and just can't keep my hands off it. I have had no issues with it at all. Not even an issue with screen sensitivity!

I am REALLY glad I made the switch. Even though I could not get it in the color I wanted, I am really glad I went with the 32GB model.
    oditius likes this.
    02-25-2014 07:16 PM
    Well, today I FINALLY got my 1520.

REALLY Love this thing, been using it all day and just can't keep my hands off it. I have had no issues with it at all. Not even an issue with screen sensitivity!

I am REALLY glad I made the switch. Even though I could not get it in the color I wanted, I am really glad I went with the 32GB model.
    Now you need to redo the sig.... Welcome to the 32GB family...
    Talderon likes this.
    02-25-2014 09:22 PM
    Welcome to the 1520 club :D
    Talderon likes this.
    02-26-2014 01:08 AM
    Now you need to redo the sig.... Welcome to the 32GB family...
    Thanks! I almost forgot! :D

Welcome to the 1520 club :D
    Thanks! :D I am sooooooo glad to be here! :D
    02-26-2014 10:38 AM