I want a 1520 should i Buy?

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I currently have a s4 and i want a windows device i was looking at the 1520 and i was wondering what others thought of this device is it to big ? or is it the perfect size? for me i like to browser the net watch videos etc.

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend taking a look at the 1520 in store to see if you like the size of a 6 inch for a mobile device.

I cant as a i live in the UK and the only place that sells it is amazon. How dose the 1520 compare to the 1320 as i can get the 1320 on contract but the 1520 i will need buy on sim free.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I cant as a i live in the UK and the only place that sells it is amazon. How dose the 1520 compare to the 1320 as i can get the 1320 on contract but the 1520 i will need buy on sim free.

I dont know sadly because I too live in the UK and waiting to go try one out however it the best Window Phone has a powerful SoC so there no issue with performance and gaming will be great. It got a 1080p display which from the reviews I read is outstanding.

Will be great for multimedia use and internet browsing I would suggest going for the 1520 over the 1320 unless money an issue.

Here an review from WPC:

Nokia Lumia 1520 Review | Windows Phone Central

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
1520, for better battery (in use, not by size), for bigger internal memory (8 Gb vs. 32 Gb), smoother (better cpu + chipset), better camera with OIS ... well, also more RAM, but I think that it is mainly because of higher resolution of 1520, so it does not really matter ... and better front camera, if it matters at all ...

1320, if you have a tight budget ...

By the way, 1520 has great speakers, but I can not compare to speakers of 1320 ...

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I dont know sadly because I too live in the UK and waiting to go try one out however it the best Window Phone has a powerful SoC so there no issue with performance and gaming will be great. It got a 1080p display which from the reviews I read is outstanding.

Will be great for multimedia use and internet browsing I would suggest going for the 1520 over the 1320 unless money an issue.

Here an review from WPC:

Nokia Lumia 1520 Review | Windows Phone Central

I just dont know what to do i want a windows phone but not to sure if the lumia 1520 is to big or not.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just dont know what to do i want a windows phone but not to sure if the lumia 1520 is to big or not.

That was exactly my worry too over 2 months ago, but after using it for few days, I was really happy that I bought it ...

If you really want it for internet browsing and watching videos, then it is a way to go - just believe me :)

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Phablets can be a bit silly, but if you like the s4, realistically, its not too much bigger to be honest. Failing that, if you want something s4 comparable, give it a month or two, Nokia are releasing the icon worldwide as the 929...

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the 1020, LG G2, and other 5" phones along back in the day the note 1 and 2.....i was really hesitant. I went to the store a few times and kept saying too big! But finally pulled the trigger! Honestly with how thin it is! Its an amazing phone and as a phone junkie I see myself keeping this for a long time!! After not even 6 hours the size became normal. My brother has an iPhone 5 and thought it was too big and obnoxious! Now he is about to buy it!!! I say go for it!

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
YOU will feel just normal - I think that it is just a comment of people who never used it ...

Hmm sounds good I may take the punt and get my first windows phone and my first Phablet. Also I watch a lot of youtube videos but i hear the youtube app on windows phone sucks is this true ?

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmm sounds good I may take the punt and get my first windows phone and my first Phablet. Also I watch a lot of youtube videos but i hear the youtube app on windows phone sucks is this true ?

No, it is not true ... try Metrotube or Mytube, both are great ones .... only Microsoft Youtube app sucks, but thanks for Google :)

By the way, I was looking ice hockey by Lumia 1520 during last week and it looks great, but well, I prefer my 46" TV at home :)

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Guys how is the phone for a power user ? i like to have a load of apps, webpages open and switch between them a lot is that easy and simple to do like an andoird or an ios device?

Rincewindcl

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

You can view the 1520 in O2 stores. Purchased one myself from CPW and have had it for a few days now :smile:

Additionally and in response to the OP I would say that having had the phone for just under a week it is AMAZING. My last phone was a Note 1 and the screen real estate is larger, but the phone feels lighter than the note to me. In regards to the OS it is quick and responsive, with recommended apps like MyTube and Readit bring my phone to life. The camera is fantastic, but beware if you are using skydrive to upload your picutres as you need to make sure you change the upload quality to 'best'. For a short while I thought the picture quality was terrible until I figured this out!

Have fun :cool:

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
My fiancee has smaller than normal hands (not by much, but a little) and she loves the 1520.

I purchased mine the day it launched. She thought it was huge, until she started playing Fruit Ninja.

She fell in love with the big screen almost immediately, even for typing and such.

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I went to the 02 store to buy the phone but I am shocked with the contract prices they were offering me it was more than a note 3. I guess i will need to buy it sim free on amazon.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm how about when you have the phone on your ear do you look like a ****** ? or dose it look normal ?

funny you mention this....my mom, 70 yrs old used it a few nights ago and had no issues and I watched to see how she looked and honestly it looked fine! This was a big concern of mine too prior to buying it but its not a big deal at all! I have not had one person even do a double take in public.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo