something i want to know..

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I will wait out the full two years of my contract. Unless the screen sensitivity issue doesn't get corrected. In that case I could be buying the next high-end Lumia that hits the streets.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It would be hard to look for a replacement for this. Sure there are others but just the size of the screen is something to look forward to. Probably change it when the successor comes out but not with the smaller screens we see in the device rumors

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If it have greatly improved camera. Screen size needs to be near 6", otherwise no deal. And smaller bezels would be nice. It really needs to be something special if i'm gonna change. 1520 is so good right now.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
No. I'm not a phone/gadget switcher, first of all. And I bought mine without contract. It's pain in the *** to save around $650!

I am also very happy with it, performance-wise, camera-wise and battery-wise. And I've read somewhere that MS supports their devices up to three years.

The next phone I'll buy would be a high-end Nokia with a very advanced camera, probably until the next three years.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, I switch phones a lot, but I don't think that there is anything on the market that will make me want to switch. I got mine for free, so no contract to worry. But never say never....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Given the X and the rumors about android emulators possibly coming to windows, I will probably be keeping this phone for awhile...until I see what the future holds.

Of course when windows phone 8.1 comes around that could change if they do a Lumia with 1020 camera and 1520 specs.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Keeping it untill a successor with...

6 inch screen
octacore processor
water proof
41 MP pureview
wp 8.1 or more advance
atleast 7000mah batt
solar charging
64gb +micro sd

...comes out. To dream is free.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Keeping it untill a successor with...

6 inch screen
octacore processor
water proof
41 MP pureview
wp 8.1 or more advance
atleast 7000mah batt
solar charging
64gb +micro sd

...comes out. To dream is free.

Awesome dream specs and I would jump for this phone as well. However, the NL1520 is such a freakishly awesome device, yeah, I will stick with it for a while. :D

Funny thing is, when I was on Android, I very rarely spent more than 4-6 months on a device. I got my NL920 and had it since launch day with is close to a year and a half now. I don't see any real reason to move off my NL1520, even if one comes out with a better camera. 20MP is more than I will ever use for just my normal shots. I am not a photographer or even pretend to be one. :p

My ONLY complaint about this phone is the camera lens bump, but I am getting a charging case for it, so that will solve that issue. :D

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Like the 1020, I don't see the 1520 as having any sort of replacement or upgrade anytime soon. I plan on keeping this for a while.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Next week I am switching from 1020 to 1520. My contract expires in May so I will see what is available for the launch of 8.1 If nothing is a big enough step up I will stick with the 1520 and wait for the next big thing.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My only issue is also the camera bump, because it gets messed up easily when setting it down on a surface.

I miss my 920 because it was easier to rock it naked - no awkward humps to contend with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa