Any word on the Nokia Lumia 1520 Mini?

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I would still wonder even if it is just a rumor.
What captivates me about the 1520 is that is thinner than the 929. Heavier doesn't phase me, it is thickness that throws me off, but that screen size on the 1520 is too much.
My Lumia 810 is fine on the screen size for me but like I have stated on another topic, it's too bulky and the Dual-Core cannot keep up with me.
Quad-Core is a must, even if it 1.5GHz or faster.

Mel 34

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't the Lumia Icon (929) be the mini-1520? LoL Same specs, smaller screen....

I sure would like to know if the 929 is going to be available on AT&T soon. I plan on getting the 1520 soon but if the 929 was available soon if wait for that.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I sure would like to know if the 929 is going to be available on AT&T soon. I plan on getting the 1520 soon but if the 929 was available soon if wait for that.

Its coming to ATT when its re released with WP8.1 there was an announcement a day or so ago.

Mel 34

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Its coming to ATT when its re released with WP8.1 there was an announcement a day or so ago.

Really! That's excellent news. When and where was that announcement? If it 100% gonna happen I'll wait for the 929. A 5" screen is what I really want anyway, I was just gonna settle for the 1520's 6"er but I think I might just wait now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What captivates me about the 1520 is that is thinner than the 929. Heavier doesn't phase me, it is thickness that throws me off, but that screen size on the 1520 is too much.
My Lumia 810 is fine on the screen size for me but like I have stated on another topic, it's too bulky and the Dual-Core cannot keep up with me.

the 1520v/Mini is a made up rumor. The 1520 can be thinner because the parts can be spread out and not stacked.

If anything, the Icon and the likely unannounced 929/930 international model would fill the spot.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
That was just for the 1520, not for a smaller model.

For the time being the 929 is as close as it gets to a mini. Unfortunately a smaller case size meant a thicker device since something had to give to fit it all in a 5" device.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

If they made a mini version of the 1520 (which is ridiculous), it would not be as slim as the 1520...
Also, it's not so much about how many cores, it's more about the GHz

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
If they made a mini version of the 1520 (which is ridiculous), it would not be as slim as the 1520...
Also, it's not so much about how many cores, it's more about the GHz
Exactly why I want the 1520, the 2.2GHz processor got my attention first hand. Just that more cores working together benefits at some points.

Morpheus is correct, the work per clock cycle and latency do come into play, just like laptop and desktop processors.
Hoping for the new DDR modules, as well.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
id say you could fit it all in such a thin device just a smaller screen and a smaller battery? id say the 3,400 battery takes a fair wack of the internal space in the 1520?? the design of the 1520 is nice id like too see a mini version instead of an international version of the icon , id expect to see one of the two though for the 8.1 release an international icon is more likely then they can release that camera module again in different areas under a different name ;-)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
id say you could fit it all in such a thin device just a smaller screen and a smaller battery? id say the 3,400 battery takes a fair wack of the internal space in the 1520?? the design of the 1520 is nice id like too see a mini version instead of an international version of the icon , id expect to see one of the two though for the 8.1 release an international icon is more likely then they can release that camera module again in different areas under a different name ;-)

Look at every other "mini" phone out there (gs4 mini, one mini, z2 compact etc...)
None of those mini phones are as thin as their bigger counterparts.... So why would Nokia be able to do pull that off but not any other company?

Also, haven't you noticed that the 1520 design is very similar to the 925?? The 925 is pretty much a mini 1520!

I think we'll see the 930 (920 successor) as a first 8.1 device, and then later on the 935 (925 successor) will come to some specific carriers because of all that BS exclusivity you guys have in the us
(no 1520 mini)

Last edited:

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Icon is thicker because Verizon didn't want a camera hump, added built in wireless charging and wanted similar look & feel than the 928. Otherwise the phone would look like the 925 with a bigger screen. The Icon is actually thinner by a bit & lighter than it's predecessor the 928.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Look at every other "mini" phone out there (gs4 mini, one mini, z2 compact etc...)
None of those mini phones are as thin as their bigger counterparts.... So why would Nokia be able to do pull that off but not any other company?

Also, haven't you noticed that the 1520 design is very similar to the 925?? The 925 is pretty much a mini 1520!

I think we'll see the 930 (920 successor) as a first 8.1 device, and then later on the 935 (925 successor) will come to some specific carriers because of all that BS exclusivity you guys have in the us
(no 1520 mini)

the z1 compact is pretty much identical bar the screen size and battery to the z1 , like I say if you think about it why couldn't you put the 1520 into a 925 shell?? apart from the screen and battery its only a cpu and gpu upgrade a bit more ram the camera is taken care of by the hump anyways isn't it?

the only reason the 1520 is so big is for the screen and the superb battery you could easily trim it down and make a 1520 mini with the same cpu , the same gpu , the same ram , the same camera , a micro sd slot , wireless charging etc , even if they took wireless charging out a 1520 would be very very possible

the z1 has a camera with a bigger sensor then the 1520 but has no camera hump and that is about 1520 thickness , maybe just a tad thicker , so I am sure they could make a phone with the 1520 design just a bit smaller specially if it had the camera hump like the 1520 ;-)

the only reason others haven't made a high end mini is because they have been rinising the flagship name and then selling an underspecced mini version with the flagship name to make more money

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3