2 Questions for 1520 owners or any windows ph owner

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Good morning,

I want to buy the 1520 but have two questions to ask.

1. Does windows have a Do Not Distrub or any feature like it?

2. Can you block a number from calling you or texting you?

I ask these questions because I work shift work and I dont wont to put the phone in silence mode, instead I just choose a group of people that I allow all calls to come through. This is extremely helpful if you work a midnight shift and trying to sleep during the day but you still need to answer only certain important calls. Blackberry use to be the best at that under what they use to call "Profiles." Apple has a watered down version called "DO Not Distrub." But its better than nothing.

Does anyone know if these exsit for windows?

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The call block feature is in WP now, but the "quiet hours" along with the select group that is allowed through during the quiet hours is coming with WP 8.1. You can either wait for the carrier to update the 1520 or become part of the developer program and get the update at the beginning of April.... Allegedly.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I believe there is a Quiet Time app on the WP store now. Go to the store and search for Quiet Hours and see if this does what you want.

Otherwise, WP8.1 supposedly has this feature.

Janel5629

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
As a 15+ year Nokia user, I was disappointed that Nokia situations profile feature was not available on WPs. My phone would beep once during business hours on workdays and automatically return to normal volume when the time profile expired. This is especially troubling since the ringer volume and audio volume seem to be interconnected.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb