Lumia 1520 "NOT FOR RESALE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunnnn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Could be a developer phone, I've ever had a Lumia (for development) that specifically states "NOT FOR RESALE".

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Good news! Nokia Philippines phoned me and we talked about the problem and they said that they will replace my phone! Hopefully by Sunday we will meet to get my phone exchanged! ��
From where did you get it? Good for you as it is hard to get a replacement from NokiaPH

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's really nice of Nokia to replace your phone with a brand new piece. Congrats mate and I'm happy your problem will be resolved. Next time be very careful when purchasing stuff. I normally never go in for second hand stuff as I don't know how was the phone handled by the earlier party or whether is a legitimate piece or a stolen one. Especially with expensive deals its not really worth taking the risk.

patrickmj23

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I want to share my experience also and thank to OP.

NokiaPH called me and they said they will replace my 'Not for Resale' unit.

They told me that those units were not supposed to be sold (obviously) and they will have it replaced so that the 'Not for Resale' unit will be back to their possesion.

I asked them if 'there is a problem' and they said on my part, no, they will just replace it. And for the seller part they told me that there's a consequence.

I tried to dig in more but the agent said that it is private and internal process.

so, thanks to you OP.

Titanicology

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad that they will replace our units. When will they replace your unit? The agent told me that he will replace it on Sunday.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia will want the unit back so that they can find out who broke their agreement in selling/losing/giving the phone. It's not unknown for test units to be lost or stolen. Nokia will want to tie up the loose ends.

I expect that they're willing to replace the handset as an incentive to get you to return the rogue unit. It's great PR for them as well.

patrickmj23

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
they did not told me an exact date but they told me "within this week"

so hopefully by sat or sunday philippine time, i already have the replaced unit.

p.s.

they told me that the one they are giving is color black.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Cool one bro. Had my unit also replaced due to some faulty radio hardware. Couldn't get good data. They didn't even ask me to bring in my unit until the end. They even sent me another unit so I can personally test and compare. When they said they'll replace what I bought, it took but one day for them to say it's ready for pick up at Ali mall. Happy since then

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Before my 720 and 1520 I have a faulty L800, NokiaPH refuses to replace which I escalated to DTI. After the escalation I demanded for a refund instead of replacement.
Maybe the escalations have shaken NokiaPH. As for the refund, I used it to purchase the 720.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett