Should I still get the Nokia Lumia 1520?

Reynaldo Sustaita

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I need some input from people who want or have the 1520 right now. I am starting to question if getting it is really the good time.

A little context, I still use my Nokia Lumia 920.

I really did want the 1520 for the 1080p 6 inch screen. I know I am a fan of the phalet category. And yes I know it will get Windows Phone 8.1 so I am not worried about Software updates for it but...

I kind of want to wait until after BUILD to see if 2K and 4K will be supported and when a phone from Nokia will feature that. On top of that, I kind of want 4K video recording and USB 3.0 support. Now I know there isn't a lot of 4K content I can consume anyway but I kind of want to future proof even though I may be getting the phone through the AT&T Next program. I know if I am in the program I can get the phone with the features I am worried about within a couple of months and not a year long wait.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you really want a phone that have 4K video recording capability you should pray for another 41MP phone from Nokia with a chip that can process 4K. 4K isn't easy as you think, even though the Note 3 and the S5 from Samsung can do that, the video would still be kinda glitchy plus if you're going to view them in a 1080p display probably you won't enjoy it. I'll give you a link for a video in youtube that you can view with 4K resolution, try watching it if your laptop/pc have a 1080p display and see if it'll be smooth. One more thing, the video also explains the about 4K so please watch it. :D

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh, about your question, you should get a 1520 or if you're lucky enough to wait Nokia might release an internation version or an AT&T version of the Icon.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Me cago en Dios...

How many times do we need a thread like this. The only phones we know of are those on the market. Everything else is speculation and rumour. If you want a phablet, the 1520 (and 1320, if so inclined) is the only option - or the Icon if you want the features but not the screen size. Feel free to wait for "the next big thing," but that's an asinine game to play. We can rely on a new iPhone every year, and probably a new Galaxy S/Note, but that's it as far as any sort of reliable hardware refresh cycle goes.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Me cago en Dios...

How many times do we need a thread like this. The only phones we know of are those on the market. Everything else is speculation and rumour. If you want a phablet, the 1520 (and 1320, if so inclined) is the only option - or the Icon if you want the features but not the screen size. Feel free to wait for "the next big thing," but that's an asinine game to play. We can rely on a new iPhone every year, and probably a new Galaxy S/Note, but that's it as far as any sort of reliable hardware refresh cycle goes.

Okay... seriously?? While I understand where you are coming from, are you really thinking April is going to come, MS will bring everyone from the tech media industry to the big reveal of WP 8.1 in all it's glory.... Oh, and by the way, just wait until you see our partners new devices in November or December.

Not a chance. We are within 2 months of WP rebranding, and there will be new devices rolling out. Nice ones too, if I am willing to move out on that limb. Now, I do not buy into the rumors of what kind and from who yet, but we will have all kinds of leaks as we get closer. There just aren't secrets anymore.

There is zero harm in holding off buying a WP right now. The L1520 ain't going anywhere, Reynaldo. If you feel like waiting, then wait. See what is out there after April. If it doesn't seem like your best options, grab the Monster that is the L1520 and enjoy the crud out of it. I have decided to wait because I haven't decided to live with a 6" screen yet. So, I will see what is planned. It is better to wait and make sure you will not regret anything then to jump on something and find out less then 2 months later your perfect device was just about to be released.

If we were just past the WP 8.1 release, I would agree with Kebero. Also, I do think you may be trying to talk yourself out of the L1520 due to a hope for a better camera phone. I am willing to bet the top end shooter from Nokia will NOT be a phablet, so you may want to decide which is the most important feature you want. If in doubt, hold off.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay... seriously?? While I understand where you are coming from, are you really thinking April is going to come, MS will bring everyone from the tech media industry to the big reveal of WP 8.1 in all it's glory.... Oh, and by the way, just wait until you see our partners new devices in November or December.

Not a chance. We are within 2 months of WP rebranding, and there will be new devices rolling out. Nice ones too, if I am willing to move out on that limb. Now, I do not buy into the rumors of what kind and from who yet, but we will have all kinds of leaks as we get closer. There just aren't secrets anymore.

There is zero harm in holding off buying a WP right now. The L1520 ain't going anywhere, Reynaldo. If you feel like waiting, then wait. See what is out there after April. If it doesn't seem like your best options, grab the Monster that is the L1520 and enjoy the crud out of it. I have decided to wait because I haven't decided to live with a 6" screen yet. So, I will see what is planned. It is better to wait and make sure you will not regret anything then to jump on something and find out less then 2 months later your perfect device was just about to be released.

If we were just past the WP 8.1 release, I would agree with Kebero. Also, I do think you may be trying to talk yourself out of the L1520 due to a hope for a better camera phone. I am willing to bet the top end shooter from Nokia will NOT be a phablet, so you may want to decide which is the most important feature you want. If in doubt, hold off.

Good Idea, I am in a similar position and am thinking of buying a 1520 but I might just wait another month or so just to see if any of the newer phones tempt me instead, Maybe a international phone similar to the ICON might appear.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I also tried to wait but cant survive with my 920 losing its audio and signal. I dont regret getting a 1520, its specs are future prof for me. The only thing that could make me regret is if nokia release a 1520 with 1020 camera soon. That would be great!

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Ordered yesterday, getting mine tomorrow or more 3 days
i don't care about the new phones, 1520 is beast and enough for me

Roy_C5

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am planning to buy one too, but i'm reading all this problems with the screen sensitivity, so I wanna ask if this problem is really that common, I don't live in USA so returning a defective phone will be a problem for me, thanks for your help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion