Volume control issues

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am having trouble with the volume controls, namely that when listening to music or videos, through the native music hub or via third party apps, 1/30 is always too loud. Often, there is no effect when decreasing the volume below about 8/30. This is especially noticeable when using a headset.

additionally, the alarm is also way too loud. I set the phone volume to 1/10 and the music volume to 1/30 last night, yet these seem to have no effect on the alarm volume this morning. Anyone else have thus problem, or is this behavior intentional?

on my Windows 7 desktop, sliding the volume mixer control down can reduce volume to an extremely low level, so Microsoft is capable if this fine tuning control... Can't image a valid reason to eliminate it on a phone.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, this problem is not intentional, I've never heard of users reporting such problems, so it's probably a problem with your phone, either software or hardware. Also, the fact that more fine tune control is present of Windows 7 is attributed to the the presence of 100 different levels of volume compared to Windows Phone's 30, which means 1 volume increase is roughly equivalent to 3.3 volume increase on your desktop. Microsoft is definitely capable of such fine tuning, but the inherent difference between mobile and PC is that on mobile, volume is controlled by the volume keys, so imagine having to hold down your volume key for 30 seconds to go from 1 to 100, or having to type a custom number value! Very cumbersome. WP already has much finer control than other mobile OSes which have about 10-15 different volume levels. Anyhow, there is definitely a problem with device, you should get it checked. Or you might have the audio levelling option checked on in your settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss