03-04-2015 10:11 AM
1,509 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Another quick question for those who bought from Newegg.com and are on ATT, do you have Data Sense and does it work on ATT?
    04-10-2014 11:24 AM
    All right folks I'm buying. Does anyone have a yellow Nokia? I always go black but something different. Not that it makes a s*** but the texture is different. Red is polished, black is matte. Pictures never do justice.
    04-10-2014 06:05 PM
    All right folks I'm buying. Does anyone have a yellow Nokia? I always go black but something different. Not that it makes a s*** but the texture is different. Red is polished, black is matte. Pictures never do justice.
    I have a yellow 1520. Always got white or black, but I'm glad I took a chance on it. It looks great with a clear hard case against the black buttons and bezel. Dooooo it!
    04-10-2014 06:27 PM
    I have a yellow 1520. Always got white or black, but I'm glad I took a chance on it. It looks great with a clear hard case against the black buttons and bezel. Dooooo it!
    You sold it my man. Thats all I needed. A little enabling.
    jgbstetson likes this.
    04-10-2014 06:42 PM
    You sold it my man. Thats all I needed. A little enabling.
    The yellow starts to really grow on you. After a while, you'll become dissatisfied hiding it behind an opaque case. Let me save you some trouble: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G9X...pUvbUpU2449140
    04-10-2014 06:51 PM
    Thanks buddy. The YELLOW 1520 is ordered!
    TheBadGuy_88 likes this.
    04-10-2014 07:39 PM
    Another quick question for those who bought from Newegg.com and are on ATT, do you have Data Sense and does it work on ATT?
    yes, everything works, didn't have to mess with APNs or anything only the Spanish keyboard trick.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    04-11-2014 05:29 AM
    Just got my White RM-938 from Newegg last night! The wife thinks I'm nuts when she saw how big the phone looks, but it fits fine in my pocket so I'm happy with it. The phone did initially boot up in Spanish, but it's pretty simple to figure out which buttons you need to press, and it only takes a couple of screens until you get to choose English (U.S.) as your preferred language. I also had to make a quick run to the local T-mobile store to pick up a new nano SIM card because I got too excited and bent the first one in half while trying to pop it out of that plastic "credit card" they come in. Once the woman at the store popped in my new SIM everything worked well...LTE & HSPA+. I also immediately went into the Keyboard settings and deleted the Spanish (Mexico) keyboard and then installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. After a few minutes it had downloaded, installed and then reset itself. Once it booted up, I tried WiFi tethering with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and it worked perfectly! SO HAPPY WITH THIS PHONE! Also, I checked the warranty on Nokia's website and this phone is covered in the U.S. All this phone needs to be 100% completely functional on T-mobile's network is a way to get Wi-Fi calling to work, but someone might be able to figure that out in the future maybe. So what are you waiting for guys!?! JUST BUY IT!!!
    04-11-2014 06:50 AM
    Just got my White RM-938 from Newegg last night! The wife thinks I'm nuts when she saw how big the phone looks, but it fits fine in my pocket so I'm happy with it. The phone did initially boot up in Spanish, but it's pretty simple to figure out which buttons you need to press, and it only takes a couple of screens until you get to choose English (U.S.) as your preferred language. I also had to make a quick run to the local T-mobile store to pick up a new nano SIM card because I got too excited and bent the first one in half while trying to pop it out of that plastic "credit card" they come in. Once the woman at the store popped in my new SIM everything worked well...LTE & HSPA+. I also immediately went into the Keyboard settings and deleted the Spanish (Mexico) keyboard and then installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. After a few minutes it had downloaded, installed and then reset itself. Once it booted up, I tried WiFi tethering with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and it worked perfectly! SO HAPPY WITH THIS PHONE! Also, I checked the warranty on Nokia's website and this phone is covered in the U.S. All this phone needs to be 100% completely functional on T-mobile's network is a way to get Wi-Fi calling to work, but someone might be able to figure that out in the future maybe. So what are you waiting for guys!?! JUST BUY IT!!!
    I just received my 1520 from Newegg last night too. I inserted a t-mobile sim and did the keyboard trick and everything seems to work fine. Out of curiosity, is there a way to verify that everything is working okay? Maybe a program that tells which bands are operating. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    04-11-2014 09:49 AM
    Negri has had a good week. I just received my 1520.3 from them as well. Set up was easy although as others have noted, it starts out in Spanish on this model. I love the phone and was pleased to hear the ding-ding-ding when I placed it on my wireless charging stand. I only had the AT&T version of this phone for a week and was amazed at how spoiled I had become for wireless charging. When I turned on the phone it reported three bars of H+ where I usually get 2 of LTE at home on my Lumia 1020. This morning the 1520.3 is reporting 2 bars of LTE, same as the 1020. Is there a real difference between H+ and LTE?
    04-11-2014 10:47 AM
    Got mine ordered from new egg. I have been gone for a while so what os this Spanish keyboard trick I hear so much about? Also, why the hell do you have to order a phone from new egg that is coming from south America when your in the states? Why would att want to hamstring a devise? Makes no sense. Rant.
    04-11-2014 11:20 AM
    All the people saying no WiFi, did T-Mobile remove the WiFi calling app from the store? I had a few phones with them that I just installed the app to.
    04-11-2014 12:22 PM
    On the occasion that I can find the T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling app in the app store, it tells me that it's not available for my RM-938, either because I'm on the wrong carrier or don't have the right firmware.
    04-11-2014 01:15 PM
    Newegg is really taking their sweet arse time to send me my replacement. They have received my device last Tuesday and the status still says "received". I hope that they don't send me a refurbished unit.
    04-11-2014 01:40 PM
    Yellow 1520.3 is ordered from Newegg! A question. Does 'Spanish' trick work also for T-Mobile?
    04-11-2014 02:52 PM
    Yellow 1520.3 is ordered from Newegg! A question. Does 'Spanish' trick work also for T-Mobile?
    Yes. It works in T-mobile (USA).
    04-11-2014 03:35 PM
    This is exciting. I so wanna get this phone :)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 03:46 PM
    Quick question does the Spanish keyboard trick work for tethering on the 920 for tmobile?

04-11-2014 03:48 PM
    I wish the green and orange versions were out. Thinking of getting it in yellow but it feels very 2012. Probably partially because of this yellow 920 I've had for a year and a half.
    04-11-2014 04:33 PM
    Negri has had a good week. I just received my 1520.3 from them as well. Set up was easy although as others have noted, it starts out in Spanish on this model. I love the phone and was pleased to hear the ding-ding-ding when I placed it on my wireless charging stand. I only had the AT&T version of this phone for a week and was amazed at how spoiled I had become for wireless charging. When I turned on the phone it reported three bars of H+ where I usually get 2 of LTE at home on my Lumia 1020. This morning the 1520.3 is reporting 2 bars of LTE, same as the 1020. Is there a real difference between H+ and LTE?
    I think the difference is speed. I noticed on mine the LTE is faster. T-Mo
    04-11-2014 11:21 PM
    How well does the 1520.3 synch with OSX? Does it attach like a thumb drive? Do I have to use a synch program like KIES to move files back and forth?

I have a Galaxy Note 1 right now. I assume I will have to get AT&T to issue me a new SIM.
    04-12-2014 10:32 AM
    It seems that Negri's price dropped... Coulda swore it was originally close to the 700 mark.
    I ordered my 1520.3 from Negri on Friday and it shipped right away. A day later and it's already on Canadian soil, damn that's some fast shipping!!

Plus the $20 off coupon still works.
    04-12-2014 04:04 PM
    How well does the 1520.3 synch with OSX? Does it attach like a thumb drive? Do I have to use a synch program like KIES to move files back and forth?

I have a Galaxy Note 1 right now. I assume I will have to get AT&T to issue me a new SIM.
    It syncs via Windows Phone Connector. It only syncs media files, photo etc.

04-12-2014 05:54 PM
    I was wondering if there's gonna be problem on 4G network reception because the phone lacks 2100 frequency. Both T-Mobile USA and AT&T uses 2100 frequency on their 4G network. What's your thoughts/opinions on this? I looked at the pictures of the box and I didn't see "2100" printed on the LTE section. It has 1700 but no 2100.
    04-13-2014 10:13 AM
    Yes!
    04-13-2014 10:23 AM
1,509 ... 910111213 ...