03-04-2015 11:11 AM
1,509 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Dang, was going to pick this up :(

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Dang, I guess ill just stick with my 920 for a while more. With the update its almost like its a new phone.
    A lot of people seem to be very concerned about it, but it is a minor annoyance at best. With how fast and fluid the phone is, it's pretty easy to rectify a false "click" with the back button. For what it's worth, this would NEVER stop me from purchasing the device again. It's so good at everything else that it hardly bothers me.

MMS and tethering are working again for me. I don't know why or how, but they are.

​-Collin-
    mondokjm likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:53 PM
    Just want to send a quick thanks to everyone in this thread for providing so much great information about this. I purchased a yellow one from Newegg a few days ago and am anticipating its delivery tomorrow. It will be replacing my red 920 on AT&T. I'll be sure to return and post my experience once I get everything set up.
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-16-2014 01:11 PM
    Internet tethering is working on my 1520.3 since the 8.1 update without doing the keyboard hack. Even though I rarely use internet sharing, the fact that I couldn't was a minor downer for the otherwise fantastic 1520.3. Now, with all the 8.1 newness and with internet sharing working like normal, the 1520.3 is at least a +1520 greater than the AT&T version. Thanks to all the posters here who stared information about the 1520.3 and where to get it.
    04-16-2014 01:21 PM
    Yeah, my MMS is messed up :( and internet sharing doesn't work :(

You'll notice in other threads that plenty of 1520.3 owners have the same screen sensitivity issues unfortunately. It's why I haven't picked one up either. Besides, only black is available in the 1520.3 right now.

Why is your MMS messed up? I'm using my 920 on Red Pocket (pre-paid) and using the correct APN settings MMS is working like a charm.
    04-16-2014 02:19 PM
    So are people still getting internet tethering/sharing to work on the 1520.3 after updating to WP 8.1 through the Dev Preview? I'm asking for T-Mo or AT&T - either one.
    04-16-2014 02:54 PM
    It works for me on T-Mobile. I had done the keyboard hack before 8.1, but I have done nothing since to get it to work.
    04-16-2014 03:37 PM
    Is there a certain color that doesn't have the screen sensitivity issues?

04-16-2014 04:50 PM

Mine is White att unlocked, using on t mobile and it does have sensitivity issues
    04-16-2014 05:51 PM

My Newegg White RM938 has extremely minor sensitivity issue, probably happens once a day that an app gets launched instead of scrolling the live tiles upward, not an issue for me at all. Much better than the lagging response of an iPhone 4s on IOS7.
    04-16-2014 06:24 PM
    So are people still getting internet tethering/sharing to work on the 1520.3 after updating to WP 8.1 through the Dev Preview? I'm asking for T-Mo or AT&T - either one.
    I lost tethering or internet sharing after the WP 8.1 update. The Spanish keyboard hack no longer works because when I click on it, the phone recognizes that I already downloaded it and does nothing. I deleted it and then tried to re-download the Spanish keyboard but it just adds it back onto my menu list. I even tried just randomly downloading other keyboard languages and it still didn't work.
    04-16-2014 06:35 PM
    Just got mine from new egg. It's everything you want. 32 gig, SD card, wireless charging. This sucker is big. Man I'm looking at it next to my 920 thinking I don't want to be next to it in shower if you know what I mean. It's definitely no joke. Very fast and the friggin screen is awesome. I think this is the flagship, size being the only point of contention. I think ill try it out a couple of days and see if I get use to it. I always feel like I'm going to drop the damn thing.
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-16-2014 06:59 PM
    Is it a good idea to update it to 8.1 with the Developer Preview? I get mine on Monday and am debating whether I should or not. I don't want to have to many problems if I upgrade.
    04-16-2014 07:02 PM
    I'm going to upgrade tonight. If it sucks: Reset! I will let you know!
    AlexanderJJJ and grc7777 like this.
    04-16-2014 08:02 PM
    Noticed I no longer get lte on att. Get "H".
    04-16-2014 09:49 PM
    Noticed I no longer get lte on att. Get "H".
    Yep! Same here. I'm on T-Mobile.
    04-16-2014 10:23 PM
    Yep! Same here. I'm on T-Mobile.
    Have you tried restarting it or reseting it to see if it goes back to LTE? Change the APN settings?
    04-16-2014 11:05 PM
    Would someone on T-Mobile using the 938 mind sharing their APN settings? I'd like to have them right when I configure my device next week and I'm not sure what's needed.
    04-16-2014 11:53 PM
    Have you tried restarting it or reseting it to see if it goes back to LTE? Change the APN settings?
    I did try restarting. Multiple soft restarts and caved in and performed a hard reset once. It still didn't come back to usual strength. I didn't change APN settings. Don't see why I would need to. Would WP 8.1 change the APN settings? Worked fine with 8.0
    04-17-2014 12:48 AM
    I did try restarting. Multiple soft restarts and caved in and performed a hard reset once. It still didn't come back to usual strength. I didn't change APN settings. Don't see why I would need to. Would WP 8.1 change the APN settings? Worked fine with 8.0
    Okay, well let me know if it ever comes back! I probably won't upgrade to the 8.1 Developer Preview then hearing this!

Hopefully when the official update is rolled out, this won't happen! D:
    04-17-2014 01:59 AM
    I had a seamless transition to Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview. I have a White RM-938 from Newegg and using it on T-mobile in NYC. I had done the "Spanish Keyboard hack" while still on Windows Phone 8.0 and after updating to 8.1 I didn't have to do anything to get tethering to work again. While I was on WP8.0 my phone had three languages on it, English (US), Spanish (Mexico) and I think Portuguese (don't remember), but I uninstalled both non-English keyboards and then immediately downloaded the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. Once it was installed and the phone reset, tethering has worked ever since, even through the update.

Also, I do have the keyboard sensitivity issue and it was annoying me but then I went into Settings, Touch and then changed the Sensitivity setting to "Normal". This definitely helped A LOT! Now I only have the problem with scrolling once, maybe twice per day. I also find that it happens more when you're too gentle with the screen while tapping or scrolling. Haha, I know this sounds weird with it being a brand new phone and you really want to "baby it". But I find if I push slightly harder on the touchscreen so that I get more finger surface area on the screen while scrolling, then it hardly ever messes up and registers as a double tap. Also, if you go to touch the screen too slowly with your finger with the sensitivity set to high, that's when the problem is the worst. After tapping and scrolling the way I have described for a while, it'll set into your muscle memory and you'll hardly have an issue. Well, that's just my experience anyway!
    04-17-2014 07:19 AM
    I had a seamless transition to Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview. I have a White RM-938 from Newegg and using it on T-mobile in NYC. I had done the "Spanish Keyboard hack" while still on Windows Phone 8.0 and after updating to 8.1 I didn't have to do anything to get tethering to work again. While I was on WP8.0 my phone had three languages on it, English (US), Spanish (Mexico) and I think Portuguese (don't remember), but I uninstalled both non-English keyboards and then immediately downloaded the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. Once it was installed and the phone reset, tethering has worked ever since, even through the update.

Also, I do have the keyboard sensitivity issue and it was annoying me but then I went into Settings, Touch and then changed the Sensitivity setting to "Normal". This definitely helped A LOT! Now I only have the problem with scrolling once, maybe twice per day. I also find that it happens more when you're too gentle with the screen while tapping or scrolling. Haha, I know this sounds weird with it being a brand new phone and you really want to "baby it". But I find if I push slightly harder on the touchscreen so that I get more finger surface area on the screen while scrolling, then it hardly ever messes up and registers as a double tap. Also, if you go to touch the screen too slowly with your finger with the sensitivity set to high, that's when the problem is the worst. After tapping and scrolling the way I have described for a while, it'll set into your muscle memory and you'll hardly have an issue. Well, that's just my experience anyway!
    How is your LTE coverage? Some users are getting "H" signal as opposed to "LTE".
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:24 AM
    My RM938 AKA Nokia 1520.3 Black from Newegg arrives tomorrow. I may give the war department (AKA the Wife) my RM-940 Nokia 1520.2 and get her of the Android crack pipe... or better yet.. I can sell it and use the proceed for a Trip somewhere.... If you are in the PHX area PM me,

32GB, Qi charging.... were what drove me to it mainly plus I had some cash laying around that was itching to be spent on something....
    christenmartin likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:34 AM
    Would someone on T-Mobile using the 938 mind sharing their APN settings? I'd like to have them right when I configure my device next week and I'm not sure what's needed.
    It appears that they changed the menus for this in 8.1, at least from my memory, but if I go into "Access Point" under settings I have "T-Mobile LTE" as my connection profile or whatever you want to call it. When I view it I see the following settings (any not listed are blank):
    Internet APN
    {
    Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
    Network type: IPv4
    Authentication type: none
    }
    MMS APN
    {
    MMS Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
    MMSC address: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Network type: IPv4
    Authentication type: none
    }

If this is not what you're wanting, let me know and I'll try to find it. Keep in mind that this is on 8.1.
    04-17-2014 09:36 AM
    Updated to 8.1! Had a scare the damn thing would only tell me that the battery was low and would take a charge. Held Dow the powe but to for about 20-30 sec and it pop on and loaded it up. Works good, still have "H" with att. Still pretty fast loading websites so I don't know what the deal is. I've been messing with it all morning and the battery seems to hold up good. Takes a while to charge the big basturd though! I need to look into this mythical Spanish keyboard trick. I'll try this sucks out this weekend and decide whether to keep it. 8.1 is good.........

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk
    04-17-2014 09:54 AM
    I just tested out the "H" connection rendering websites with alot of content. I do not notice a difference in speed from lte before. Also, referring to my post above autocorrect is killing me.

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk
    Rhoyz likes this.
    04-17-2014 10:11 AM
1,509 ... 1213141516 ...