Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just one more "woe is me" post. Why did my phone arrive in Mesquite 5:30 Tuesday morning, and just left 30 minutes ago? Makes no sense.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My yellow 1520.3 arrive a few hours ago. Stopped by AT&T for a nano-sim, but running into some issues getting it up and running.

First, I couldn't log in to my Microsoft account. The problem ended up being the date/time was totally off and wasn't getting synced from AT&T. Setting the date/time manually allowed me to log in, however there are errors popping up while trying to sync various items. Weird.

Update: I just did a factory reset, went through the steps again, and now all is working smoothly. Updating to 8.1 right now. :grin:

Last edited:

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site
i got really bad news. my phones speakers are faulty every time i skip through a track i heard this loud noise but when i have headphones on its fine. :( what should i do? i already updated it to windows 8.1

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
i got really bad news. my phones speakers are faulty every time i skip through a track i heard this loud noise but when i have headphones on its fine. :( what should i do? i already updated it to windows 8.1

Not cool at all. I would call whoever you bought it from ASAP to return/replace it.

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I thought I remember reading about this being a known issue in 8.1 that is going to be addressed, but I can't think of where I read it. I'm looking for it, and will report back if I find it. I just tried the same thing on mine, and I do hear the same thing.

Well - I found this: Bug: Navigating through native videos, causes loud noise from speaker. However it doesn't say there is a fix.

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Another oddity happening with mine - it can't get the correct date and time and keep it. I'm on AT&T, and had to change it to manually set the date/time, and even with that, after a restart it has the wrong date and time again. It keeps reverting to 5/21/14. WTF.

Anybody else seeing that?

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I've got a bug. My phone won't get past the Nokia logo when booting up. I've found some supposed fixes but so far no dice. Looks like I'll have to return this bad boy. Slightly frustrating but ah well.

UPDATE: Found a fix that seems to be working. Will report when done. Looking promising though.

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I've got a bug. My phone won't get past the Nokia logo when booting up. I've found some supposed fixes but so far no dice. Looks like I'll have to return this bad boy. Slightly frustrating but ah well.

UPDATE: Found a fix that seems to be working. Will report when done. Looking promising though.

Welp. Nothing. I'll have to return it. On my own dime no less according to the B&H website.

AlexFirth91

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in today, only issue I had was a bubble on the corner edge of the screen on the left. Barely noticeable at first, and invisible when the display is lit. I don't think I'll send it back unless I really have a major issue.

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well...a few things have changed since I last posted. Things just started working. I had done 2 or 3 resets without anything happening. Then as I was trying to figure out the B&H return policy the phone just started working. So far no other issues. I have a RM-937 running 8.1 and I had backed up everything thinking I'd just restore it on this new phone. Well the last backup it had on record for me was before 8.1. So I'm upgrading the phone to 8.1. I will then reset it (as I understand things it will stay on 8.1) and hopefully my most recent backup will be available so I can restore my settings. Things haven't gone smoothly but so far so good.

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well got my phone. Love it!:p It had a Weird battery drain issue earlier and think I found it. Cortana live tile. Shut that off and wait and see.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, eight days after placing my order for 2nd day air service, it's out for delivery. NewEgg, you need to have a conversation with Jeff Bezos about delivery.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm so turn I have Nokia 925 tmobile and want a larger screen. Should I get the Nokia 1520.3 tmobile or wait on HTC or if Nokia release 930 on tmobile or unlocked or anyone heard of anything in the pipeline. Would love a 5.3 - 5.5 screen, boom sound stereo speakers, 3000-3500 battery, super thin, almost no bezel, wireless charging, would love to have it allow split screen like windows tablets or galaxy note. :)