03-04-2015 11:11 AM
1,509 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Has anyone had a problem with their 1520.3 being stuck in airplane mode after updating to Cyan? I can't get this fixed. 8.0 works perfectly when reverting with the tool so it's not a hardware problem.
    07-30-2014 05:17 PM
    T mobile.
    AT&T or TMo?

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
    07-30-2014 05:36 PM
    Looks like Newegg is running a deal on all three colors for $519.99 plus an extra $25 off with a coupon code displayed on each product page.

White model

Yellow model

Black model
    DO NOT purchase this device from NewEgg because there return policy is seriously awful. And if your device has a defect they wont even send you a new one. My mic just stopped working well and people could barely hear me at all. Even when talking directly into the mic they said I sounded extremely low. The only remedy was to switch the call to speakerphone, Bluetooth, or headphones. Had this defect confirmed at the T-Mobile store and by Nokia USA who would not give me another device because it's not meant for the US market. So I tried to hard reset the device a couple of times and even do a restore with Nokia's windows software. Nothing worked at all. So I finally got NewEgg to accept the RMA since they kept trying to shovel me to call Nokia USA and I told them Nokia wasn't going to do anything. That they would have to honor their RMA since I purchased the device from them brand new and after waiting a whole week I received an email from them saying that nothing is wrong with my device plus it would take another 1-2 weeks to even receive the damn broken phone. Serious F**k this company I will never ever ever purchase something from them again.
    07-30-2014 06:17 PM
    DO NOT purchase this device from NewEgg because there return policy is seriously awful. And if your device has a defect they wont even send you a new one. My mic just stopped working well and people could barely hear me at all. Even when talking directly into the mic they said I sounded extremely low. The only remedy was to switch the call to speakerphone, Bluetooth, or headphones. Had this defect confirmed at the T-Mobile store and by Nokia USA who would not give me another device because it's not meant for the US market. So I tried to hard reset the device a couple of times and even do a restore with Nokia's windows software. Nothing worked at all. So I finally got NewEgg to accept the RMA since they kept trying to shovel me to call Nokia USA and I told them Nokia wasn't going to do anything. That they would have to honor their RMA since I purchased the device from them brand new and after waiting a whole week I received an email from them saying that nothing is wrong with my device plus it would take another 1-2 weeks to even receive the damn broken phone. Serious F**k this company I will never ever ever purchase something from them again.
    As Nimdock noted B&H has it for the same price and a better return policy. That's definitely worrying that Nokia US won't cover the warranty even though it shows as being under warranty through the Nokia site but maybe you have to live in the country it's meant for to be covered.
    07-30-2014 07:31 PM
    Folks having the tethering issue on AT&T... Do you have a plan on AT&T that includes tethering, or are you still on the older individual and/or unlimited plans? I was considering snagging one of these and ditching my AT&T model but don't want to lose what I'm legitimately paying for (I'm on a Mobile Share 15gb plan) just to gain Qi and such.
    07-30-2014 07:32 PM
    Has anyone had a problem with their 1520.3 being stuck in airplane mode after updating to Cyan? I can't get this fixed. 8.0 works perfectly when reverting with the tool so it's not a hardware problem.
    If you use the tool to upgrade to a rm-937 model, this will happen. Yours is a rm 938.
    07-30-2014 07:33 PM
    If you use the tool to upgrade to a rm-937 model, this will happen. Yours is a rm 938.
    The tool downgraded to 8.0 for an RM-938, I don't think that's the problem.
    07-30-2014 07:37 PM
    That's definitely worrying that Nokia US won't cover the warranty even though it shows as being under warranty through the Nokia site but maybe you have to live in the country it's meant for to be covered.
    Yea, this is a little disconcerting. I've owned a half-dozen high end phones with no problem, but there's always a first time. I decided to buy a Square Trade warranty on this one. It will be interesting to see how they handle this one if I need to use it.

07-30-2014 08:00 PM
    I can confirm Internet sharing works after cyan on T-Mo Joy.
    dclaryjr likes this.
    07-30-2014 08:55 PM
    Taking the plunge....imageuploadedbywpcentral-forums1406768997.367203.jpg

hasasimo likes this.
    07-30-2014 09:10 PM
    Taking the plunge....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1406768997.367203.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	955.9 KB 
ID:	74131

Dave, let us know how this goes! I did this same thing and after getting on Cyan/8.1, my phone won't exit airplane mode.
    07-30-2014 09:32 PM
    Damn, tell me your kidding! I have a request submitted to send mine in for repairs. I have stuck pixel, my volume buttons and power buttons are now recessed on the phone making it hard to hit them. Also having problems with my mic and I also want to have them to try and alleviate the scroll/tap bug. But, it sounds like you went through exactly what I did as for them verifying it's in warranty and telling me to send it in. WTF! Should I not even waste my time sending it in to Nokia? I may just call the company I have the warranty through..protect your bubble.
    07-30-2014 09:54 PM
    I can confirm Internet sharing works after cyan on T-Mo Joy.
    same with ATT after downgrade from Dev Preview, upgrade, reset, restore, re-enroll dev preview, previously didn't work without the Spanish keyboard trick, and resetting on Dev Preview previously stuck it with no tethering. Now it's great!
    07-30-2014 10:02 PM
    same with ATT after downgrade from Dev Preview, upgrade, reset, restore, re-enroll dev preview, previously didn't work without the Spanish keyboard trick, and resetting on Dev Preview previously stuck it with no tethering. Now it's great!
    Could you detail those steps out a bit for us please? Are you saying you're on AT&T and have tethering working now?
    07-30-2014 10:08 PM
    Dave, let us know how this goes! I did this same thing and after getting on Cyan/8.1, my phone won't exit airplane mode.
    Done! Looks good and Internet Sharing works! So is it the consensus I should do a hard rest before proceeding any further?

07-30-2014 10:30 PM
    I'm on att and internet sharing trick worked like a charm. I just upgraded to 8.1 and its still working. Winning!
    07-30-2014 10:34 PM
    Done! Looks good and Internet Sharing works! So is it the consensus I should do a hard rest before proceeding any further?

You're up on 8.1 now? I'd do a hard reset so you can get to your backups. When I got to 8.1, though, my phone wouldn't turn off airplane mode, so you may be better off than me.
    07-30-2014 10:35 PM
    Done and Done. I went ahead and restored the back up. Everything seems to be working fine. We'll see how it stands up after I put it through its paces the next couple days.

hasasimo and TheBadGuy_88 like this.
    07-30-2014 11:53 PM
    Done and Done. I went ahead and restored the back up. Everything seems to be working fine. We'll see how it stands up after I put it through its paces the next couple days.

You probably already know this from having had the DP, but you might want to open up some Settings apps like Glance and Cellular that will probably ask you to reboot your phone... just to get that over with.
    07-31-2014 12:38 AM
    Btw my phone did something really strange today for the first time ever... I was typing a text message and it froze, and locking the phone using the power button didn't work. Thought it was completely frozen. Tried pressing the power button a few more times and the screen went all static like a tv tuned to a non-existent channel for a split second, but then it was responsive again and I finished my text. Didn't have to reboot. Might not even be worth posting about, but it's interesting that this is the first time it's ever happened. The phone has always been flawless in every way minus the swipe/tap bug.
    07-31-2014 12:42 AM
    As Nimdock noted B&H has it for the same price and a better return policy. That's definitely worrying that Nokia US won't cover the warranty even though it shows as being under warranty through the Nokia site but maybe you have to live in the country it's meant for to be covered.

Might have to start contacting the appropriate Nokia repair division. Nokia US clearly isn't going to handle any warranty repairs for the 1520.3. They are probably stocked with AT&T 1520 parts anyway, which is why they refuse to do any warranty work.

I'm sure if you find the correct country to ship it to, then they will honor said warranty.
    07-31-2014 01:11 AM
    Question for the users that still have internet sharing, do you have tethering on your plan? I've tried the keyboard hack a number of ways but it will not work on 8.1 for me, I have a grandfathered unlimited plan. If you don't have tethering on your plan could you please describe exactly how you updated. Thanks
    07-31-2014 01:50 AM
    I haven't tried wired tethering but the wireless WiFi sharing is working fine on mine with TMo. I had to do the keyboard hack on WDP, but it worked right away with 8.1/Cyan.

07-31-2014 08:11 AM
    You probably already know this from having had the DP, but you might want to open up some Settings apps like Glance and Cellular that will probably ask you to reboot your phone... just to get that over with.
    Yep, I've been through a couple of those already. Restoring that backup was a HUGE time saver, and it doesn't seem to have had any bad effects that I've noticed. I did wake up a little late this morning because I didn't configure the volume on my alarm program. It's one that builds from a real soft noise over 10 minutes. It didn't wake me this morning until about 9:30 into the 10 minutes. I'm sure there's some stuff I'm overlooking that I'll discover in time.

07-31-2014 08:16 AM
    My first noticeable glitch. That live tile pic of my D-I-L Erika just doesn't look right.imageuploadedbywpcentral-forums1406817140.204373.jpg

07-31-2014 10:32 AM
1,509 ... 5253545556 ...