03-04-2015 10:11 AM
1,509 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Question for the users that still have internet sharing, do you have tethering on your plan? I've tried the keyboard hack a number of ways but it will not work on 8.1 for me, I have a grandfathered unlimited plan. If you don't have tethering on your plan could you please describe exactly how you updated. Thanks
    I do not have tethering on my plan. I did the hack on 8.0 twice because I tried to update with the developer preview with no luck so I had to reset my phone to 8.0. Just got the 8.1 update and tethering still works.
    07-31-2014 09:34 AM
    The only way I could fix that contact picture was to delete the contact from GMail and recreate it. When I tried fixing it in the People app, it would bring up the correct picture, but after I hit save, I was looking at my friend Rob's mug. Strange.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
    07-31-2014 10:51 AM
    One thing I was curious about. Now that I have Cyan installed, do I still have the option of loading the Developer's Preview? I have no plans to do so but there are some news items on new changes coming to 8.1 that will be released to the WDP first. Just wondering if that includes something I'd really like to have immediately rather than wait, would I have the option.

07-31-2014 10:54 AM
    One more before heading to lunch. It seems strange that we have the tap/swipe bug yet I feel like I have to double tap pretty firmly to wake the phone up from the Glance screen. ???

TheBadGuy_88 likes this.
    07-31-2014 10:56 AM
    One more before heading to lunch. It seems strange that we have the tap/swipe bug yet I feel like I have to double tap pretty firmly to wake the phone up from the Glance screen. ???

I think they turned down the sensitivity a bit to make it occur less frequently. I do get it a lot less now then before.
    07-31-2014 11:55 AM
    I just discovered something else. Three of my live tiles are dead. They were for the news, sports, and weather apps that originally came with the phone, but the apps are no longer available.

07-31-2014 04:00 PM
    I do not have tethering on my plan. I did the hack on 8.0 twice because I tried to update with the developer preview with no luck so I had to reset my phone to 8.0. Just got the 8.1 update and tethering still works.
    Thanks, did you have to do anything special after you updated, or did it just work right after the update? I've gone back to 8.0 for now but my try to update again over the weekend. I really want my internet sharing and a few games I play had major stuttering on 8.1.
    07-31-2014 06:41 PM
    So after that first day with Cyan, battery life has been stellar. I want to say it's marginally better than before Cyan.
    07-31-2014 11:08 PM
    I just discovered something else. Three of my live tiles are dead. They were for the news, sports, and weather apps that originally came with the phone, but the apps are no longer available.

The Bing News app appeared to be dead after downgrading then upgrading to Cyan, but all I did was download it again.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-31-2014 11:17 PM
    The Bing News app appeared to be dead after downgrading then upgrading to Cyan, but all I did was download it again.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Thanks for the heads up. All three apps are in the store.

S_C_B likes this.
    07-31-2014 11:32 PM
    I'm Cyan and I can say my internet tethering works flawlessly. I'm on T-Mobile in Texas.
    08-01-2014 01:31 AM
    I figured B&H would match the Newegg price, they usually do. Also keep in mind they have free expedited shipping.

EDIT: They're throwing in a free 8GB microSD card too.

08-01-2014 10:51 AM
    Yeah, when I ordered they said the card was out of stock so I didn't get one.

Right now my unicorn is showing as out for delivery.

For anyone else that ordered from B&H... Did they require signature for delivery? I may need to leave my apartment a couple of times and don't want to miss it!!
    08-01-2014 11:01 AM
    For anyone else that ordered from B&H... Did they require signature for delivery? I may need to leave my apartment a couple of times and don't want to miss it!!
    Yep they did for me. I had to take time off from work to be there.
    Nimdock likes this.
    08-01-2014 11:31 AM
    Yep they did for me. I had to take time off from work to be there.
    Thanks for the reply. Mine was delivered just now. I happened to be home but the UPS driver had already left it at my door and was walking to the tuck when I opened it.

Time to open it! :D
    dclaryjr and hasasimo like this.
    08-01-2014 11:40 AM
    I have cricket and Internet Sharing does not even show up (with Cyan). :(

Other than that everything working fine.
    08-01-2014 08:00 PM
    Hi there,

I have a 1520.3 on AT&T, just upgraded to 8.1. After upgrading, the wireless tethering did not work. Many steps were taken, but none worked. Prior to 8.1, I was able to use the installation of the Spanish language keyboard to enable tethering. After 8.1, it never worked.

I called at&t, who said that Windows phones "use a completely different way to access the internet as opposed to iPhones". He then mentioned that my settings were still set up as an iPhone account, not a Windows Phone. He switched the settings and I restarted my phone with a power cycle. As soon as the phone restarted, internet sharing / tethering worked perfectly.

I do not have unlimited service, but rather I have one of the newer mobile share plans with tethering built in.

I hope this information is valuable to everyone.

Best regards,
    Eric
    TechoGeek likes this.
    08-02-2014 03:08 PM
    Loving my new 1520.3, but even after the Cyan update there is no Cortana! What am I missing??
    08-02-2014 04:56 PM
    Not to mention so many words are still spelled with U - as in favourites. Also my iE favorites aren't syncing.
    08-02-2014 05:06 PM
    Mattysbrs I was thinking about getting one today, how many things did you have to change like that?
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
    08-02-2014 06:21 PM
    I know some of you on T-Mobile have already mentioned it, but I just want to confirm that internet sharing works flawlessly with Cyan. No Spanish keyboard trick required and the best part is that you can hard reset from within 8.1 now to restore your backup without messing up internet sharing. It was a pain to get working and keep working in the DP of 8.1. Honestly, this was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting the Cyan firmware to fix these issues. I've re-activated my DP app so I'll receive 8.1 Update 1 this upcoming week. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't mess it all up again. My thinking is that it shouldn't since the firmware and software updates are separate, but I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    08-02-2014 09:44 PM
    Thanks, did you have to do anything special after you updated, or did it just work right after the update? I've gone back to 8.0 for now but my try to update again over the weekend. I really want my internet sharing and a few games I play had major stuttering on 8.1.
    Nothing special. It was still working after the update.
    08-02-2014 09:53 PM
    Noticing proximity sensor issues ever since the Cyan upgrade. Phone stays lit while on speaker phone. Never used to do that. Minor issue.. doesn't bother me much.
    08-03-2014 05:20 AM
    Loving my new 1520.3, but even after the Cyan update there is no Cortana! What am I missing??
    Make sure region is set to the U.S., and that U.S English is listed at the top in Languages, not just default.
    mattybsrs likes this.
    08-03-2014 05:27 AM
    Make sure region is set to the U.S., and that U.S English is listed at the top in Languages, not just default.
    Thank you so much!
    08-03-2014 08:47 AM
1,509 ... 5354555657 ...