03-04-2015 10:11 AM
1,509 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Are you sure it isn't just switched off?
    No, and i tried switching on and off but still doesnt work.
    03-29-2014 07:14 AM
    Try a hard reset first.
    Rhoyz likes this.
    03-29-2014 05:03 PM
    Got my device from Newegg yesterday. It is the rm-938. Everything Works fine except the device force feedback (vibration). It doesnt vibrate nor have a haptic feedback. I will Exchange it.
    Before you send it back, can you test to see if the keyboard hack allows tethering on TM, assuming you are using it on TM. Thanks.
    03-30-2014 01:17 AM
    Before you send it back, can you test to see if the keyboard hack allows tethering on TM, assuming you are using it on TM. Thanks.
    Yes, the keyboard hack works .
    03-30-2014 05:29 AM
    So, the rm-938 has been confirmed to work with ATT.... to include internet sharing? Think I'm going to sell my ATT version for the one from newegg.

Never mind, found the answer on post 84. :-)
    03-30-2014 06:10 PM
    So, the rm-938 has been confirmed to work with ATT.... to include internet sharing? Think I'm going to sell my ATT version for the one from newegg.

Never mind, found the answer on post 84. :-)
    All working great on ATT after a week!
    03-30-2014 10:05 PM
    I was thinking about hocking my own 32gb AT&T version in favor of this one, but is it truly only a 30-day warranty? That's a heck of a price tag to pay on something that's only guaranteed for a month. I realize I could go 3rd-party with Squaretrade or something similar, but that adds to an already hefty pricetag just for carrier-independent updates and the convenience of Qi.
    03-31-2014 09:06 AM
    This looks too good to be true for T-mobile users! Especially if the tethering works properly after that keyboard trick. Does anyone know if the Wi-Fi Calling App from T-mobile will also work with this phone?? I'm very tempted to order this phone right now from Newegg.com!!! Just as a heads up, if you use Promo Code "VMEMADNESS" on Newegg's website and then pay using V.Me, they'll take off another $25 from your order of this phone. It's sitting in my cart right now showing as $594.99...but I think I'll wait til after April 2nd to order just in case Microsoft and Nokia announce a new Windows Phone 8.1 device for T-mobile at that time. I'm really hoping that leaked "Nokia Monarch" is a Lumia 930, or higher, variant for T-mobile.
    Unfortunately, no, Wi-Fi calling won't work on this phone. That feature will only work for T-Mobile branded phones. Last summer, I somehow managed to get the Wi-Fi calling app on my unlocked 920 but it never worked.
    03-31-2014 09:38 AM
    So, UPS tells me that my Newegg ordered RM-938 should be delivered today. As mentioned before, naturally the unicorn showed its face within a week or two of me breaking down and buying a 32GB RM-940. Which works fine, by the way, but I wanted a 938, darn it.

So, the question is:

Do I gazelle the 940, or do I move my burner sim to the 940 and carry two of them?

(The burner SIM used to reside in my 521, which was my iPod replacement. It just got bumped up to my 925, which was my main phone. The main reason I had the 521 was that it had the SD card slot, which my 925 distinctly does not. I also used the 521 as a mobile hotspot, which the 925 can do, but I've been unable to get that to work on T-Mo with my RM-540.)

I know; first world problem. I got more dollars than sense.
    TheBadGuy_88 likes this.
    03-31-2014 09:51 AM
    I was thinking about hocking my own 32gb AT&T version in favor of this one, but is it truly only a 30-day warranty? That's a heck of a price tag to pay on something that's only guaranteed for a month. I realize I could go 3rd-party with Squaretrade or something similar, but that adds to an already hefty pricetag just for carrier-independent updates and the convenience of Qi.
    If you have no problem using the RM940 that I wouldn't bother, I've tried the RM940 in my area on TM and find it's unacceptable to jump from 4G to 2G all the time, but if you are fine with it and you already gotten the 32GB version, then the only thing you'll gain is Qi. That Newegg 30 day warranty worries me, the phone clearly is not local so the standard one year manufacturer's warranty may not apply in the US, I paid using AMEX hoping that'll extend the warranty by one year.
    03-31-2014 11:56 AM
    Does anyone else have a feeling that the reason why these RM-938's have all of a sudden become available is because AT&T's exclusivity deal on the Lumia 1520 is about to end and Nokia has begun to produce this model for an upcoming T-mobile release sometime very soon? I really want this phone, but if T-mobile will release it officially with Wi-Fi calling enabled then I might just hold out and use the JUMP program to get this. UGH!! This is a tough decision!
    03-31-2014 01:27 PM
    Has anyone found the RM-938 on Amazon? Want to use my Amazon card to pay for it as I spend the hard earned cash on my ATT 1520 : )
    03-31-2014 03:01 PM
    I think the first sign of the end of the AT&T exclusivity deal was when all of those sketchy third party unlock sites were suddenly able to supply unlock codes for the AT&T locked 1520s.
    03-31-2014 08:13 PM
    04-02-2014 06:25 AM
    I also ordered a white 938 from Newegg late last night - looking forward to having it up and running on T-Mobile when I get back into the States from living in South America. Now I noticed that the 1520.3 no longer shows up in the search results if you search Newegg.com but it is still "in stock" when you go directly to the link (I had it in my history). Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Blanco/White 3G 4G LTE Quad-Core 2.2GHz Unlocked Cell Phone (US LTE Bands)

That's a bit weird and makes it harder for people to find it if they're just searching Newegg on your own for the device. I guess that's one benefit of being on the forums!
    Ian, I skimmed through the page and I'm not sure if anyone addressed this yet, but that Newegg spec page, if correct, means the phone will NOT get T-Mobile HSPA+ and that's why you're seeing "2g" only for T-Mobile. Now, if it's the RM-938, you will because it supports AWS (1700/2100) on HSPA+. I can confirm that mine does. Let's hope that Newegg spec page is wrong. I saw a few people say it was.

Also, I know you went with the one from Newegg, but your previous statement about the AT&T unlocked version isn't entirely correct: there is no change that will get you 3G/4G (non-LTE) on T-Mobile UNLESS you are in a 1900mhz refarmed area. I tried the AT&T variant and it hit "2g" much more often than my RM-938 does now.

Hope that helps,

​-Collin-
    04-02-2014 10:55 AM
    Ian, I skimmed through the page and I'm not sure if anyone addressed this yet, but that Newegg spec page, if correct, means the phone will NOT get T-Mobile HSPA+ and that's why you're seeing "2g" only for T-Mobile. Now, if it's the RM-938, you will because it supports AWS (1700/2100) on HSPA+. I can confirm that mine does. Let's hope that Newegg spec page is wrong. I saw a few people say it was.

Also, I know you went with the one from Newegg, but your previous statement about the AT&T unlocked version isn't entirely correct: there is no change that will get you 3G/4G (non-LTE) on T-Mobile UNLESS you are in a 1900mhz refarmed area. I tried the AT&T variant and it hit "2g" much more often than my RM-938 does now.

Hope that helps,

​-Collin-
    Hi Colin, it's my understanding that the specs aren't accurate. I believe other people that have gotten the phone from Newegg have it working on T-Mobile and they confirmed that it's the RM-938. I should be all good to go on T-Mobile when I get back into the States in a few weeks!

-Ian
    04-02-2014 11:45 AM
    Of course it is.

I waited and waited for the RM-938 to arrive and finally gave up and bought an AT&T locked RM-940, and waited for a couple of weeks to get an unlock code. Of course as soon as I did that, the 938 shows up on Negri.

By the time I was done cussing, Negri was sold out, so I felt better about that. Then Newegg came around, and seeing how fast Negri had sold out, I just jumped, cursing that the yellow was already sold out.

So, now that I have my Black RM-938 from Newegg, of course they have the yellow back in stock.
    vivilxw likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:20 PM

​-Collin-
    Not only do the specs on Newegg's page give cause for concern, it turns out they're pretty much copied off the box they came in. So, who the heck knows what it'll actually do? It does show itself as an RM-938 in the About page, so there is that.

Since I live and work in refarmed areas, and those areas seem to have been refarmed specifically to make way for LTE, I don't really have any experience as to how it'll handle a non-refarmed area with HSPA+ on AWS.

But, because I'm stupid, I am currently carrying two activated 1520s (both on T-Mobile), an unlocked AT&T Black 940 with 32GB and a Newegg Black 938, so as I get around, I'll be able to offer more comparisons about which works where. It's easy to tell by feel which one is which, though. The AT&T model has those three little lobotomy holes on the back near the bottom.
    Akanji Odediran likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:26 PM
    Not only do the specs on Newegg's page give cause for concern, it turns out they're pretty much copied off the box they came in. So, who the heck knows what it'll actually do? It does show itself as an RM-938 in the About page, so there is that.

Since I live and work in refarmed areas, and those areas seem to have been refarmed specifically to make way for LTE, I don't really have any experience as to how it'll handle a non-refarmed area with HSPA+ on AWS.

But, because I'm stupid, I am currently carrying two activated 1520s (both on T-Mobile), an unlocked AT&T Black 940 with 32GB and a Newegg Black 938, so as I get around, I'll be able to offer more comparisons about which works where. It's easy to tell by feel which one is which, though. The AT&T model has those three little lobotomy holes on the back near the bottom.
    Hilarious, I did pretty much the same thing when I had two Lumia 1520s! I found very small pockets in my area (San Jose, CA) where the AT&T phone was on edge and the RM-938 read "H." It happened maybe twice inside a restaurant and on the freeway.

I'm just glad we have something for T-Mobile. I love them as a carrier, but their lack of support for WP saddens me. I dream of the Lumia 930 with WiFi calling :-(

-Collin-
    04-03-2014 09:27 AM
    For the Newegg ones, does it comes with Spanish keyboard preinstalled? Do you have to uninstall it and reinstall to make Tethering work? Can someone clarify the exact steps? Thanks in advance.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    04-03-2014 12:29 PM
    For the Newegg ones, does it comes with Spanish keyboard preinstalled? Do you have to uninstall it and reinstall to make Tethering work? Can someone clarify the exact steps? Thanks in advance.

My steps was :

1.) Uninstall Spanish ( Mexico) Keyboard
    2.) Reboot Phone
    3.) Install Spanish (Spain) keyboard
    4.) Reboot Phone (just to be safe)
    5.) Turn on Internet Sharing
    rdubmu, ATATKDDad, dgr_874 and 1 others like this.
    04-03-2014 01:21 PM
    BTW, I returned the phone to Newegg because of a hardware issue (does not vibrate). I tried full reset and still doesn't work. I hope they replace it with the same 938 model.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk
    04-03-2014 01:30 PM
    Does anyone else have a feeling that the reason why these RM-938's have all of a sudden become available is because AT&T's exclusivity deal on the Lumia 1520 is about to end and Nokia has begun to produce this model for an upcoming T-mobile release sometime very soon? I really want this phone, but if T-mobile will release it officially with Wi-Fi calling enabled then I might just hold out and use the JUMP program to get this. UGH!! This is a tough decision!
    It looks like this is the Latin America version of the phone. A couple years ago I got a Latin America Lumia 710 and it was fully compatble with both AT&T and T-Mobile and had no carrier branding.
    04-04-2014 01:08 AM
    I just placed my order for a white version via NewEgg. As soon as I get it I will place my "other* 1520 for sale on eBay for $450.00. Can't wait.
    04-04-2014 08:53 AM
    Just placed order for the yellow one. Hoping that TMO LTE would work flawless. That's the case right?
    HighDefEdition likes this.
    04-04-2014 12:04 PM
1,509 ... 56789 ...