Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I can now confirm that it works with AT&T LTE. I used my AIO sim card, which of course is limited to 8MBPS, but it works. Not tethering of course, as that is AIO policy

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone put a straight up ATT sim card into one of these yet? If anyone has, please let me know if it works without issues(tethering and MMS) so I can buy one!

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
There is no work-around on T-Mobile tethering even if you have this plan in your account?

I have found no workaround :(

For starters, this version of the phone does not allow editing of the full APN settings. It has Access Point installed, but Access Point somehow detects slightly wrong settings for T-Mobile and tethering does not work. There is a Lumia 920 workaround, but it only works on the AT&T version since it requires changing the APN settings in the "Cellular" menu which this phone doesn't have.

I have yet to decide if this is going to work for me or not. This one was so, so, so close to being perfect! Why in the heck does it have to be so difficult! :(

​-Collin-

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have found no workaround :(

For starters, this version of the phone does not allow editing of the full APN settings. It has Access Point installed, but Access Point somehow detects slightly wrong settings for T-Mobile and tethering does not work. There is a Lumia 920 workaround, but it only works on the AT&T version since it requires changing the APN settings in the "Cellular" menu which this phone doesn't have.

I have yet to decide if this is going to work for me or not. This one was so, so, so close to being perfect! Why in the heck does it have to be so difficult! :(

​-Collin-

Can you view the current apn settings? Can you create/add new apn settings that includes the right configuration (ie.fast.t-mobile.com, mms) ?

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Can you view the current apn settings? Can you create/add new apn settings that includes the right configuration (ie.fast.t-mobile.com, mms) ?

You can do that to an extent in the app called "Access Point" which you are probably familiar with. In the Cellular menu, no, there are no APN settings.

You can create new APNs in Access Point, but even with putting all the T-Mobile proper credentials, tethering did not work for me :(

-Collin-

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You can do that to an extent in the app called "Access Point" which you are probably familiar with. In the Cellular menu, no, there are no APN settings.

You can create new APNs in Access Point, but even with putting all the T-Mobile proper credentials, tethering did not work for me :(

-Collin-

"Access Point" isn't in the Cellular menu on my att 920