Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in getting this news to you all. It’s taken me a while to get this configured. Long story short, I used an AT&T SIM, with an IMEI # for an AT&T phone that the person at the store gave me in order to get me my nano Sim.

Then, was getting LTE, MMS, and all good, except no Internet tethering. Used the Spanish keyboard hack, and all is working now! :love: This Phone is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Qi charging too!

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in getting this news to you all. It’s taken me a while to get this configured. Long story short, I used an AT&T SIM, with an IMEI # for an AT&T phone that the person at the store gave me in order to get me my nano Sim.

Then, was getting LTE, MMS, and all good, except no Internet tethering. Used the Spanish keyboard hack, and all is working now! :love: This Phone is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Qi charging too!

Dude! The Spanish keyboard hack worked?!?!?!!?!

Can you tell us exactly what you did?

​-Collin-

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it did!
Got the phone and it was set up for Spanish-language. Plugged in AT&T sim, which I got from AT&T store having contracted for a new telephone number. Changed to English. Deleted Spanish keyboard. After a while realize that Internet sharing was not working. At this point got disappointed.
Then just follow the procedures outlined for reinstalling Spanish (Spain) keyboard. Rebooted, waited a while and there it was!
I don’t know who thought of this in the first place, and how somebody would get to this point. But I need to thank him!

You have any Luck?

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it did!
Got the phone and it was set up for Spanish-language. Plugged in AT&T sim, which I got from AT&T store having contracted for a new telephone number. Changed to English. Deleted Spanish keyboard. After a while realize that Internet sharing was not working. At this point got disappointed.
Then just follow the procedures outlined for reinstalling Spanish (Spain) keyboard. Rebooted, waited a while and there it was!
I don’t know who thought of this in the first place, and how somebody would get to this point. But I need to thank him!

You have any Luck?

Sweet holy mother Theresa this worked for me on T-Mobile! I didn't even bother with the "hack" because the phone already had the Spanish keyboard. I deleted it, re-downloaded it, updated the phone software and now it works! Check out these tethering speeds I'm getting on T-Mobile LTE!!!

T-mo Tether.jpg

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank goodness for this forum... because I just found out about the RM938 through it!
I actually just ordered the RM938 from the same place that I preordered my 920.

This place is pretty damn legit, great customer service and really affordable prices!!
They're called welectronics. They have both 937 and 938 available (verified as per my email conversation with them).
Only issue is that I accidentally selected my old address while paying (paypal). Emailed them to ship to the correct address, now all that's left to do is to wait. =]

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
It's a beautiful thing!!
So glad we waited and found this phone.

Me too, nice change from Android (note 3 was very disappointing, especially the camera. My nexus 5 is easier to take quality photos with...). No regrets so far, just purchased 100gb onedrive subscription and moving my google drive items to it (since google isnt playing nice...). Think onedrive will end up being my go to since its on all devices right now.

Very glad I found Negri electronics thanks to this forum...

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received an email from Negri Electronics that there have been some delays on this product because of a problem at their overseas warehouse...blah..blah blah... As of now, there is no ETA. It shows backordered at their website.

Last edited:

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The RM-938s come from China? I went to a local asian mall and it's run by essentially all Chinese people. They only have RM-937s =[

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The RM-938s come from China? I went to a local asian mall and it's run by essentially all Chinese people. They only have RM-937s =[

I was going to tell you that I have had the same exact experience from "welectronics" twice now after ordering different phones. Whatever appears on their website usually has no relation to what products they actually stock in their hands. I won't order from them again because both times it just wasted my time. Sorry to hear your troubles - I hope you get a hold of this phone!

Cheers,

​-Collin-

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was going to tell you that I have had the same exact experience from "welectronics" twice now after ordering different phones. Whatever appears on their website usually has no relation to what products they actually stock in their hands. I won't order from them again because both times it just wasted my time. Sorry to hear your troubles - I hope you get a hold of this phone!

Cheers,

​-Collin-
This is my second time ordering from them. The first time was a very smooth transaction when I preordered my 920.
This time their service was amazing, so it seemed.
I inquired about the RM-938 and they stated they have both 937 and 938. So I ordered but put the wrong address. Asked them to cancel so I can put in the correct address. Then they said they only had the UK version. Emailed them back, waiting to see what they say tomorrow.
Either way, it's the cheapest price I've seen for any 1520, even locally where it ranges from 650-720 CAD. The phone came out to 640 CAD after shipping from welectronics. But, another 100 bucks and I could get the LTE once it's back in stock from negri