Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't show as backordered anymore at Negri website. Nothing changed on my order status (processing)
I'll have to see where things go with welectronics and local stores to see if I want to spend the extra 100 bucks,
But thanks though! I noticed that earlier today too

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to see where things go with welectronics and local stores to see if I want to spend the extra 100 bucks,
But thanks though! I noticed that earlier today too

I'm not sure what your carrier situation is there, but in my not-so-humble opinion there is no way I would sacrifice LTE for $100. When the Nexus 4 came out, I sacrificed LTE for it and saved about $300 over another competing phone and it still wasn't worth it for me due to the difference in HSPA+ and LTE around here in California. That's just my situation and yours might be different, but I'll add a heavy vote for going with the LTE model. I do not think you'll be sorry.

​Then again, I've always been good at helping people spend their money :)

-Collin-

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
To those people who have this device, what case are you using now? Does it have the same thickness with the At&t version? Can you use the same case that are available from At&t store? Thanks!

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Collin.. I don't know when im getting my device. The store (Negril) is not very helpful. The item went back out of stock from their website and they don't know when they are going to fix their shipment issues. They advised me to cancel my order for the mean time. Not a good impression for a first time customer. Tsk..tsk.

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Collin.. I don't know when im getting my device. The store (Negril) is not very helpful. The item went back out of stock from their website and they don't know when they are going to fix their shipment issues. They advised me to cancel my order for the mean time. Not a good impression for a first time customer. Tsk..tsk.

That's very unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. My experience was pretty good and it arrived sooner than expected with a free upgrade to Express.

The underlying trend is that they just don't have it together from a customer support perspective. The only responses are typically via "chat." The is useless, as was the email communication I attempted.

I wish you the best of luck. The phone is worth the way. Why can't we find it anywhere else? I have no idea where Negri gets these from.

​-Collin-

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
That's very unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. My experience was pretty good and it arrived sooner than expected with a free upgrade to Express.

The underlying trend is that they just don't have it together from a customer support perspective. The only responses are typically via "chat." The is useless, as was the email communication I attempted.

I wish you the best of luck. The phone is worth the way. Why can't we find it anywhere else? I have no idea where Negri gets these from.

​-Collin-

Absolutely worth the wait for those who want a non-neutered windows/ATT phone. First phone i've been 'happy' with since my note 2. (lg g pro, note 3, g2, nexus 5 all good phones, guess im just tired of Android)

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what your carrier situation is there, but in my not-so-humble opinion there is no way I would sacrifice LTE for $100. When the Nexus 4 came out, I sacrificed LTE for it and saved about $300 over another competing phone and it still wasn't worth it for me due to the difference in HSPA+ and LTE around here in California. That's just my situation and yours might be different, but I'll add a heavy vote for going with the LTE model. I do not think you'll be sorry.

​Then again, I've always been good at helping people spend their money :)

-Collin-
$100 doesn't seem so bad for an LTE enabled phone [which barely anyone else will have in Canada].
welectronics refunded my order and apologized, stating the UK was a RM937 model only.

According to speedtest.net app I was able to achieve 8-14mb/s on 4G/HSPA+ on my UK Lumia 920.
I'm pretty happy with these speeds, but if I could get a phone with LTE I figured why not? I never owned an LTE enabled phone and always wondered what it would be like to own and use one.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I emailed them the moment it was first discovered to have been 'discontinued'. Negri says it will not be discontinued. But they cannot guarantee when they will get more shipment.