Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I took a bullet and ordered it from newegg. If it's not the T-Mobile compatible device, then I'll return it. I already cancelled my order from Negri.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got off of a support chat with Negri:

Anthony:
Hello, my name is Anthony.
How may I help you?

me: Hi there! I see on your site, the Nokia Lumia 1520.3 is now showing as discontinued. Are you not selling these anymore (ever) or are you just out of stock?

Anthony: Hello there, sorry for any confusion. We do expect to get more stock but they are delayed 1 - 2 weeks.
We will update the site soon to show them as Backorder and not Discontinued.

me: fantastic! I want to buy one of these and your site has been the only place I had found one. I was worried when I saw the "discontinued." Thanks!

Anthony: No problem, please do check back for those listings, we will begin taking backorders for them again soon.

me: Thanks!

So take that for what it's worth. They should be getting more sometime soon. I'm gonna have to snag one this time around!

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I first got a RM-940 and I can't stand ATT's artificial limitations on this phone, and just as I was about to order it from Negri the phone became backordered. I'm so glad you guys confirmed the Newegg one is the RM938! Just ordered one today and I'm so excited to finally be able to get the unicorn phone!

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a buying question that's related - I can either get a used, mint 32GB AT&T model in red on that's been SIM unlocked by the seller for $475 that should get my LTE and HSPA+ on T-Mo, or I could get the Newegg 16GB White Unlocked 938 model that also has LTE and adds in Qi wireless charging but is only 16GB and costs $135 more at $620. In your guys' opinions, is wireless charging worth paying $135 extra while also giving up 16GB of internal storage? Thanks for any replies :)

Last edited:

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a buying question that's related - I can either get a used, mint 32GB AT&T model in red on that's been SIM unlocked by the seller for $475 that should get my LTE and HSPA+ on T-Mo, or I could get the Newegg 16GB White Unlocked 938 model that also has LTE and adds in Qi wireless charging but is only 16GB and costs $135 more at $620. In your guys' opinions, is wireless charging worth paying $135 extra while also giving up 16GB of internal storage? Thanks for any replies :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the AT&T version (RM-937) only has 32GB in black, all the other colors are 16GB. The one being sold by Newegg is actually RM-938 which comes in 32GB standard, the specs listed are simply inaccurate. joel posted pics showing that a few posts up.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The newegg phone has 32GB - the 16GB listed on the website is wrong. I decided to spend the extra bucks up front not because of Qi but because I don't want to switch to AT&T. I think I'll recover the extra $135 in monthly fees. But if I was with AT&T and had access to the same phone for less, I'd go for it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the AT&T version (RM-937) only has 32GB in black, all the other colors are 16GB. The one being sold by Newegg is actually RM-938 which comes in 32GB standard, the specs listed are simply inaccurate. joel posted pics showing that a few posts up.

Right now AT&T 32GB is in black only... That may change later, but colors are 16GB... And there is also a 16GB black version...

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little bit curious about the specs on the Newegg 1520 as it says "T-Mobile 2G" and then just says "4G: LTE" - does that mean it gets LTE and 2G but not anything in between (ie 3G or HSPA+)? That seems like a step backwards compared to the AT&T version in that regard? Or maybe it's just not a very great spec description....

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz

UMTS 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
Compatible Carrier & Service
AT&T 2G/3G, T-Mobile 2G, Rogers, Fido
3G
AT&T 3G Only
4G
LTE