Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
If you bought the RM-938 version, it should have 32GB in built

This version (rm-938) is for Latin America. Seems this is why availability is limited.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Thanks for confirming which region it's intended for. With that said, has it not actually been released in Latin America and these are just devices that some folks have managed to get early? If so, when is the actual planned release in LA? Maybe we'll see them become more widely available then?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
guys I wanted to know what data speed I can expect if I buy RM-937 version. I will be using T-Mobile (I stay in refarmed area).
I think $625 too expensive for RM-638 when I can get RM-637 at $515. I do know I wont be getting LTE speed but would like to know the difference between speeds using 937 and 938 models.
my tests of a 937 on ATT show about 6 Mbps +/- 0.7 mbps.

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for confirming which region it's intended for. With that said, has it not actually been released in Latin America and these are just devices that some folks have managed to get early? If so, when is the actual planned release in LA? Maybe we'll see them become more widely available then?

It has been released in Latin America - they're selling them down here where I am living in Chile, and the ads are in lots of newspapers.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just as an explicit verification: Today, I was driving through a T-Mobile cell that hadn't been reformed. My ATT 1520/RM-940 said "E" for Edge; my Newegg 1520.3/RM-938 said "H+," presumably for HSPA+. So, yes, definitely fully T-Mobile band compatible.

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
my tests of a 937 on ATT show about 6 Mbps +/- 0.7 mbps.

Thanks...if same speed is available for T mobile in refarmed area, then I will mostly be buying 937 model...I have 1GB limit for high speed data service and currently, my max usage on data services is 250MB (mostly use WiFi)

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone here would answer this: I am waiting for the elusive 1520 to arrive. I also ordered this Nilkin Case. If i put this case on the 1520, will Qi charging work with the Nokia Qi Wireless charging plate?

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone here would answer this: I am waiting for the elusive 1520 to arrive. I also ordered this Nilkin Case. If i put this case on the 1520, will Qi charging work with the Nokia Qi Wireless charging plate?

That looks to be the same thickness my case is and it works fine, I also have my charger plate under my table so it is also working through that.

Attachments

• WP_20140327_10_04_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140327_10_04_23_Pro.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 19

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So I broke down and bought a White RM-938 from Newegg.com to use on T-mobile. It should arrive by Thursday. I almost got the Yellow version, but I went and ordered the Yellow Nokia flip case instead from Amazon. Can't wait to try this phone out and get the tethering working. Does anyone know if T-mobile ever does come out with an official version of the 1520 on their network, would I be able to somehow flash the firmware on the phone with T-mobile's version of the firmware?? That is assuming they're both rm-938 models. Then Wi-Fi calling would probably work on this phone.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I got it! I'm never going back! I can't! My typing speed has increased exponentially! Whoa! And the screen! I just need a micro SD card that can capture video without stuttering and I'm good for at least the rest of the year! I'm so excited! I got the black 1520.3, black Nokia flip case, I'm leaning towards the 64 GB extreme plus card since that's the one I literally haven't seen anyone say stutters when saving video. I did a network speed test and saw 20+ down and 11 up! #UnicornsAreReal

Update: Any Americans leaning on the fence, just get it! There's nothing else coming from "Nokia". The 930 will not launch in the country, the ICON is extremely limited outside of Verizon(not to mention, no glance because of a hardware flaw, and no micro SD support) and the 635 has the same amount of ram as the HD2. This is it! Microsoft probably won't launch a phone until the holiday season at the earliest. Invest in this beast! I can literally take this phone anywhere in the world, Its not tied to any company, #JustDoIt

Don't mind me, I'm just being a #BadInfluence, this "Bad" purchase feels sooo good, #NoRegrets

HighDefEdition

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I just got my Lumia 1520 RM938 from NewEgg.
I had ordered mine last Friday Morning & received it last night. I'm soooo happy to see 4G LTE on T-Mobile. I'm going to work in an hour so no time to "fix" the tethering problem.
Anyone waiting on the fence, it's the real deal. Now I'm posting my 1520 RM937 up for sale on Ebay.
Yeah Baby.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it! I'm never going back! I can't! My typing speed has increased exponentially! Whoa! And the screen! I just need a micro SD card that can capture video without stuttering and I'm good for at least the rest of the year! I'm so excited! I got the black 1520.3, black Nokia flip case, I'm leaning towards the 64 GB extreme plus card since that's the one I literally haven't seen anyone say stutters when saving video. I did a network speed test and saw 20+ down and 11 up! #UnicornsAreReal

Update: Any Americans leaning on the fence, just get it! There's nothing else coming from "Nokia". The 930 will not launch in the country, the ICON is extremely limited outside of Verizon(not to mention, no glance because of a hardware flaw, and no micro SD support) and the 635 has the same amount of ram as the HD2. This is it! Microsoft probably won't launch a phone until the holiday season at the earliest. Invest in this beast! I can literally take this phone anywhere in the world, Its not tied to any company, #JustDoIt

Don't mind me, I'm just being a #BadInfluence, this "Bad" purchase feels sooo good, #NoRegrets

LOL - I am so on the fence but you talked me into it. I am just waiting to see if the price goes down some more 😊