Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I just got my Lumia 1520 RM938 from NewEgg.
I had ordered mine last Friday Morning & received it last night. I'm soooo happy to see 4G LTE on T-Mobile. I'm going to work in an hour so no time to "fix" the tethering problem.
Anyone waiting on the fence, it's the real deal. Now I'm posting my 1520 RM937 up for sale on Ebay.
Yeah Baby.
Hope all is working out. is there that much difference between the 937 and the 938 ? Looks like 937 goes for 500ish so 100+ less. Just wondering, the wireless charging thing wipes my ***. Just don't want to go back to plugging in.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hope all is working out. is there that much difference between the 937 and the 938 ? Looks like 937 goes for 500ish so 100+ less. Just wondering, the wireless charging thing wipes my ***. Just don't want to go back to plugging in.

The problem is that 937 doesn't have US LTE bands, so at best you can get HSPA+ speed.

HighDefEdition

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

If 4G LTE speeds on T-Mobile is important to you then yes. You will regret it.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
For those checking the warranty, is the IMEI number for the phone on the outside of the box? If I order one I want to see if its under warranty before I even open it.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Another quick question for those who bought from Newegg.com and are on ATT, do you have Data Sense and does it work on ATT?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
All right folks I'm buying. Does anyone have a yellow Nokia? I always go black but something different. Not that it makes a s*** but the texture is different. Red is polished, black is matte. Pictures never do justice.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All right folks I'm buying. Does anyone have a yellow Nokia? I always go black but something different. Not that it makes a s*** but the texture is different. Red is polished, black is matte. Pictures never do justice.

I have a yellow 1520. Always got white or black, but I'm glad I took a chance on it. It looks great with a clear hard case against the black buttons and bezel. Dooooo it!

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got my White RM-938 from Newegg last night! The wife thinks I'm nuts when she saw how big the phone looks, but it fits fine in my pocket so I'm happy with it. The phone did initially boot up in Spanish, but it's pretty simple to figure out which buttons you need to press, and it only takes a couple of screens until you get to choose English (U.S.) as your preferred language. I also had to make a quick run to the local T-mobile store to pick up a new nano SIM card because I got too excited and bent the first one in half while trying to pop it out of that plastic "credit card" they come in. Once the woman at the store popped in my new SIM everything worked well...LTE & HSPA+. I also immediately went into the Keyboard settings and deleted the Spanish (Mexico) keyboard and then installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. After a few minutes it had downloaded, installed and then reset itself. Once it booted up, I tried WiFi tethering with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and it worked perfectly! SO HAPPY WITH THIS PHONE! Also, I checked the warranty on Nokia's website and this phone is covered in the U.S. All this phone needs to be 100% completely functional on T-mobile's network is a way to get Wi-Fi calling to work, but someone might be able to figure that out in the future maybe. So what are you waiting for guys!?! JUST BUY IT!!!

mattcolq

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got my White RM-938 from Newegg last night! The wife thinks I'm nuts when she saw how big the phone looks, but it fits fine in my pocket so I'm happy with it. The phone did initially boot up in Spanish, but it's pretty simple to figure out which buttons you need to press, and it only takes a couple of screens until you get to choose English (U.S.) as your preferred language. I also had to make a quick run to the local T-mobile store to pick up a new nano SIM card because I got too excited and bent the first one in half while trying to pop it out of that plastic "credit card" they come in. Once the woman at the store popped in my new SIM everything worked well...LTE & HSPA+. I also immediately went into the Keyboard settings and deleted the Spanish (Mexico) keyboard and then installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard. After a few minutes it had downloaded, installed and then reset itself. Once it booted up, I tried WiFi tethering with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and it worked perfectly! SO HAPPY WITH THIS PHONE! Also, I checked the warranty on Nokia's website and this phone is covered in the U.S. All this phone needs to be 100% completely functional on T-mobile's network is a way to get Wi-Fi calling to work, but someone might be able to figure that out in the future maybe. So what are you waiting for guys!?! JUST BUY IT!!!

I just received my 1520 from Newegg last night too. I inserted a t-mobile sim and did the keyboard trick and everything seems to work fine. Out of curiosity, is there a way to verify that everything is working okay? Maybe a program that tells which bands are operating. Thanks for any help you can provide.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Negri has had a good week. I just received my 1520.3 from them as well. Set up was easy although as others have noted, it starts out in Spanish on this model. I love the phone and was pleased to hear the ding-ding-ding when I placed it on my wireless charging stand. I only had the AT&T version of this phone for a week and was amazed at how spoiled I had become for wireless charging. When I turned on the phone it reported three bars of H+ where I usually get 2 of LTE at home on my Lumia 1020. This morning the 1520.3 is reporting 2 bars of LTE, same as the 1020. Is there a real difference between H+ and LTE?