Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone looking to sell their 1520.3/rm-938 model? : ). Negri and Newegg are both out! Right after I sold my ATT 1520....NOOOOO!!!!

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sold out? That's unpossible, isn't it: the exclusive trolls are always yapping that the only way Nokia could possibly sell phones in USA is locked, crippled carrier exclusives.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Just played around with my 1520.3. Coming from my L920 the camera didn't seem too different. I kept all the plastics on so I got the occasional blurry photos from the 1520. But the zoom itself during interface actually zooms less than my L920 [although the quality doesn't get shot to ****]. Then again, i was only viewing both on the phone, and haven't uploaded any of the test photos to compare the 2. Theoretically the 1520 is capable of 2x zoom over the L920. The difference is much more noticeable while recording a video.

So do you think the 1520 is good enough to pay full price to upgrade from a perfectly working, mint, 920?

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So what's new in this version and is it going to replace the original 1520 for on-contract soon?

Might want to read thru this thread, all your questions will be answered. Three points though. No it doesn't replace any thing and it is a Latin American version that works for At&t and T-Mobile with QI charging.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 in Black from Newegg! I'm super excited to get it!

One question though: I will be using this on T-Mobile in the US, so will it still receive updates? Like when WP 8.1 is available?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've bought several phones off the internet and they have all update through the carrier if I remember correctly. By the way my 1520.3 gets here tomorrow! Hell ya.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 in Black from Newegg! I'm super excited to get it!

One question though: I will be using this on T-Mobile in the US, so will it still receive updates? Like when WP 8.1 is available?

Yes. You should be able to receive the WP 8.1 update using via the Preview for Developers app (search the forums if you don't know what this is).

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and it shows that black 1520.3 is available on Newegg

Sorry, should've been more specific. Lol. I have to have white or yellow as second choice. :). My current 1520 is white. Started with yellow though because its my favorite color and my 920 was. But had to tone it down as I saw myself in a mirror one day (daaaannnggg,its big and yellow). Haha!!

But I contemplate which one I like more everyday...I hate it. ;-)

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the internet share feature on a AT&T unlimited data plan? I'm currently still on a grand-fathered unlimited plan off contract and trying to weight the possible benefits of paying the extra money over getting the AT&T version.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Bad news Guys (at least for me): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview broke internet sharing again :( Not sure what to do at this point. When I enable it, it simply says "Connection not shared" and switches back to off. I am on T-Mobile with the 1520.3 model being discussed here.

I guess I will try the Spanish keyboard hack (again), but I sure don't have my hopes up.

Edit: simply enabling the Spanish keyboard seems to have re-enabled tethering. Very strange, since it was already installed. Oh well, all working now!

​-Collin-

Last edited: