Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Does the 1520.3 suffer from the same issues as the at&t version with the screen sensitivity issues?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Dang, was going to pick this up :(

Dang, I guess ill just stick with my 920 for a while more. With the update its almost like its a new phone.

A lot of people seem to be very concerned about it, but it is a minor annoyance at best. With how fast and fluid the phone is, it's pretty easy to rectify a false "click" with the back button. For what it's worth, this would NEVER stop me from purchasing the device again. It's so good at everything else that it hardly bothers me.

MMS and tethering are working again for me. I don't know why or how, but they are.

​-Collin-

mondokjm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just want to send a quick thanks to everyone in this thread for providing so much great information about this. I purchased a yellow one from Newegg a few days ago and am anticipating its delivery tomorrow. It will be replacing my red 920 on AT&T. I'll be sure to return and post my experience once I get everything set up.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Internet tethering is working on my 1520.3 since the 8.1 update without doing the keyboard hack. Even though I rarely use internet sharing, the fact that I couldn't was a minor downer for the otherwise fantastic 1520.3. Now, with all the 8.1 newness and with internet sharing working like normal, the 1520.3 is at least a +1520 greater than the AT&T version. Thanks to all the posters here who stared information about the 1520.3 and where to get it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my MMS is messed up :( and internet sharing doesn't work :(

You'll notice in other threads that plenty of 1520.3 owners have the same screen sensitivity issues unfortunately. It's why I haven't picked one up either. Besides, only black is available in the 1520.3 right now.

Why is your MMS messed up? I'm using my 920 on Red Pocket (pre-paid) and using the correct APN settings MMS is working like a charm.

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So are people still getting internet tethering/sharing to work on the 1520.3 after updating to WP 8.1 through the Dev Preview? I'm asking for T-Mo or AT&T - either one.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Is there a certain color that doesn't have the screen sensitivity issues?

My Newegg White RM938 has extremely minor sensitivity issue, probably happens once a day that an app gets launched instead of scrolling the live tiles upward, not an issue for me at all. Much better than the lagging response of an iPhone 4s on IOS7.:evil:

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
So are people still getting internet tethering/sharing to work on the 1520.3 after updating to WP 8.1 through the Dev Preview? I'm asking for T-Mo or AT&T - either one.

I lost tethering or internet sharing after the WP 8.1 update. The Spanish keyboard hack no longer works because when I click on it, the phone recognizes that I already downloaded it and does nothing. I deleted it and then tried to re-download the Spanish keyboard but it just adds it back onto my menu list. I even tried just randomly downloading other keyboard languages and it still didn't work.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine from new egg. It's everything you want. 32 gig, SD card, wireless charging. This sucker is big. Man I'm looking at it next to my 920 thinking I don't want to be next to it in shower if you know what I mean. It's definitely no joke. Very fast and the friggin screen is awesome. I think this is the flagship, size being the only point of contention. I think ill try it out a couple of days and see if I get use to it. I always feel like I'm going to drop the damn thing.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it a good idea to update it to 8.1 with the Developer Preview? I get mine on Monday and am debating whether I should or not. I don't want to have to many problems if I upgrade.