Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the Lumia 1520.3 have a micro-sd slot?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

It has everything good about the 1520... LTE bands for ATT and T-Mo, 32gb storage, build in Qi, microSD expansion, no branding (besides Nokia). But right now you can only get it in black, as both white and yellow are sold out on Negri and Newegg.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does it seem like the Negri units have more frequent screen issues than the Newegg ones? Probably just a coincidence from some select feedback.

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
No problems getting LTE here. LTE even works on my train ride to and from Manhattan. I do find that when the phone drops to "H" or "H+" the speed is still very fast in my area, a lot of the time I get the same speed as LTE when I run a network speed test. (15-30 mbps download)

HighDefEdition

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Internet tethering is working on my 1520.3 since the 8.1 update without doing the keyboard hack. Even though I rarely use internet sharing, the fact that I couldn't was a minor downer for the otherwise fantastic 1520.3. Now, with all the 8.1 newness and with internet sharing working like normal, the 1520.3 is at least a +1520 greater than the AT&T version. Thanks to all the posters here who stared information about the 1520.3 and where to get it.
Same here....after upgrading my White 1520.3 from NewEgg to WP 8.1 tethering is now working. Never had to use the "Spanish Keyboard Hack" either. Best $600.00 I ever spent.

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine says the same thing and I'm on 8.1. How's your LTE connection and speed?

I haven't been paying attention too much, but I believe that I typically get 2 to 4 bars and somewhere around 12 to 15 down/3 up. This is my first LTE phone on T-Mobile, as we recently switched from att and it's a far cry from the 40 down that I saw there, but for a phone it's good enough. Plus it's much cheaper.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How many have issues with the 1520.3 camera after upgrading to 8.1

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Bad issue here. Camera won't even open. Newegg sent me to Nokia and Nokia tried to send me back to Newegg. So far not happy. I need this resolved. Back to the 920!!!

Marek Marzec

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
What your settings for video recording? I had a similar issue with camera it would crash everytime I try to record video, changed settings to record video to phone instead of SD card I guess its too slow and I have no problems any more. Which app is crushing nokia cam or WP cam?

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Bad issue here. Camera won't even open. Newegg sent me to Nokia and Nokia tried to send me back to Newegg. So far not happy. I need this resolved. Back to the 920!!!

This is what I'm worried about getting an unlocked phone. I'm surprised Newegg had such a bad return/exchange policy with unlocked phones. After reading through these forums I was excited about the idea of the 1520.3, but I may just go with the carrier version for the convenience If there are any issues. Is the 32gb carrier version really that bad?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the issue with the carrier version, at least stateside is the lack of built in wireless charging. I've invested enough money in the Qi standard that getting a phone with a different technology was out of the question. My charging pads at work, home and when I go TDY are all Qi and function with my 925 as well.

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! So far I'm happy with my purchase, i've yet to run into any bugs or defects. Still running stock 8.0, I tried out 8.1 DV on a 1320 and it was awesome, but I know there are bugs about. I'm a heavy Xbox music user and I know that the app for 8.1 is almost useless. Taking a trip to Africa this weekend so I'll probably roll stock until I get home.