Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got my yellow 1520.3 from Newegg. Works perfectly, except SD card is not recognized. Did anyone else experience this?! What to do?! This card was working perfectly in another Nokia phone. San Disk 64Gb

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This is what I'm worried about getting an unlocked phone. I'm surprised Newegg had such a bad return/exchange policy with unlocked phones. After reading through these forums I was excited about the idea of the 1520.3, but I may just go with the carrier version for the convenience If there are any issues. Is the 32gb carrier version really that bad?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's that "bad," it's just a bad deal because it lacks features. For us who use Qi wireless charging or people who want to use it on TMobile, the only phone that can satisfy all these demands is the RM938.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got my yellow 1520.3 from Newegg. Works perfectly, except SD card is not recognized. Did anyone else experience this?! What to do?! This card was working perfectly in another Nokia phone. San Disk 64Gb

You probably need to format the card first.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well Newegg canceled my order twice even thou my card is being charged. They said my address doesn't match when it does. Customer Service has been no help :(

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Got my RM-938 Black 1520 today. Purchased from Newegg Qi charger in my car works flawless. A little snug but that only means the phone is not falling.
I am debating about 8.1. I have ATT 1520 with 8.1 that I will be putting up for sale this weekend.
So far so good. Flawless phone no pixel issues, no screen sensitivity issues that I have noticed so far...If you live in the Phoenix area and want a mint Nokia 1520 ATT RM-940 send me a personal message

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my RM-938 Black 1520 today. Purchased from Newegg Qi charger in my car works flawless. A little snug but that only means the phone is not falling.
I am debating about 8.1. I have ATT 1520 with 8.1 that I will be putting up for sale this weekend.
So far so good. Flawless phone no pixel issues, no screen sensitivity issues that I have noticed so far...If you live in the Phoenix area and want a mint Nokia 1520 ATT RM-940 send me a personal message

I might hold off the 8.1. I lost camera function totally, and the phone was hot half the time with bad battery drain. Had to revert back to 8. Let some of the bugs get worked out. It looks like the 1520 has some issues with the preview. My 920 took it like a prom queen, ran smooth and fast.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my yellow from Negri. Wish Newegg would've gotten them in as they're definitely cheaper by at least 40 bucks. Guess it's time to get rid of my white ATT version... let me know if you're looking for one!

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I might hold off the 8.1. I lost camera function totally, and the phone was hot half the time with bad battery drain. Had to revert back to 8. Let some of the bugs get worked out. It looks like the 1520 has some issues with the preview. My 920 took it like a prom queen, ran smooth and fast.

Yeah. I've been thinking about keeping it in 8.0. Do u think is RM-938 related. My ATT RM-940 has had Zero issues. Do you have any photography apps installed? I read somewhere about a similar issue and removing the app(s) took care of the problem. Any other RM-938 owners having the same issue??

BTW. Can you post detailed steps on how you reverted back to 8.0. Is it difficult? I don't want to do it is not fool proof nor error free for My RM-940 before I sell it.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I had trouble with 75% of my apps, redownloading worked but with the number of apps I have it was quicker to backup and then hard reset on 8.1, everything came back fine, except I forgot to fix internet sharing, so soon I've got to do it again and this time Weave won't be available thanks to that stupid French troll company 😠

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I've been thinking about keeping it in 8.0. Do u think is RM-938 related. My ATT RM-940 has had Zero issues. Do you have any photography apps installed? I read somewhere about a similar issue and removing the app(s) took care of the problem. Any other RM-938 owners having the same issue??

BTW. Can you post detailed steps on how you reverted back to 8.0. Is it difficult? I don't want to do it is not fool proof nor error free for My RM-940 before I sell it.
Maybe the 938 is having more issues. 0 issues with my 920. Nothing was working right on the 1520. The camera was one thing, it would get hotter than zhit, it took like 12 hours to charge. Hard resets did not fix it damn it. To revert go to Nokia support and download http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...ecovery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.ex. Plug your phone into your computer an watch the magic. Phone it working awsome. You have go through and up date all you firmware stuff but it works great. Good luck. Just follow the prompts takes all of 10 minutes.

jardando

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Other than Negri and Newegg, any confirmed online retailers to order the rm-938?

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Marek Marzec

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Well Newegg canceled my order twice even thou my card is being charged. They said my address doesn't match when it does. Customer Service has been no help :(

That means out of stock, went thrue this serval times when i ordered mine, cs for some reason is clueless, they will even tell you its in stock

Sent from my Nokia 1520.3 the beast

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Newegg does have bad return policy phone cannt be returned if it's opened and their customer rep told me that it only has 30 day manufactur warrenty . Not sure why this doesn't have 1 year warrenty , considering the issues people are having with 8.1 not sure if it's worth I installing 8.1 preview on 1520 ..

ATATKDDad

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the 938 is having more issues. 0 issues with my 920. Nothing was working right on the 1520. The camera was one thing, it would get hotter than zhit, it took like 12 hours to charge. Hard resets did not fix it damn it. To revert go to Nokia support and download http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...ecovery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.ex. Plug your phone into your computer an watch the magic. Phone it working awsome. You have go through and up date all you firmware stuff but it works great. Good luck. Just follow the prompts takes all of 10 minutes.

Thanks. I think I may keep it stock besides my 925 has 8.1 and work great. The RM-940 I will sell with 8.1as is since I have no issues.
BTW the link didn't work for me and the other link that shows does nothing. Would you mind re attaching it..

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad to know there is a foolproof way to revert back to 8.0. My 938 has been on 8.1 since day one and absolutely problem free, but fingers crossed.