Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought this from NewEgg. Came fast and was only after it shipped did I see the extra 25$ off. I received the phone and updated to 8.1, then hard reset phone to install backup of my 920. Phone works great except data. Had to put in settings into access point manually. Now everything works fine except tethering and I did the Spanish keyboard workaround. Still loving the phone and I'm not sending it back.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I think I may keep it stock besides my 925 has 8.1 and work great. The RM-940 I will sell with 8.1as is since I have no issues.
BTW the link didn't work for me and the other link that shows does nothing. Would you mind re attaching it..
just go to Nokia.com and search Nokia install tool I believe.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Newegg has the white one back in stock again.

Since Newegg CS mentioned to me last week they don't know when they will get another stock, those could be the ones that people refused delivery in order to buy the yellow ones. For Newegg if you refuse delivery you'll get a full refund and no return charge.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Since Newegg CS mentioned to me last week they don't know when they will get another stock, those could be the ones that people refused delivery in order to buy the yellow ones. For Newegg if you refuse delivery you'll get a full refund and no return charge.

I'm afraid the sudden stock Negri got back in white and yellow last week are similar. Or possibly units with touch screen sensitivity issues that people returned. I haven't seen any reports of issues with the Newegg units, on the other hand.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would think those would be sold as open boxed if they are returned for screen issues or sent back to Nokia at least.

I'd hope so, but considering their official return policy states that if you have a defective item that can't be returned, they exchange it for a refurbished version of the same item, nothing would really surprise me.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Is the current preview version of 8.1 really not working well with 1520.3? I just received my replacement phone from Newegg and I'm still contemplating if I should go ahead and install the preview.

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is the current preview version of 8.1 really not working well with 1520.3? I just received my replacement phone from Newegg and I'm still contemplating if I should go ahead and install the preview.
I'm in the same situation. I just got mine today but I don't want to put 8.1 on when it seems like there are a bunch of issues. It would be nice to hear a few more success stories before putting 8.1 on.

Also because this is an unlocked phone we should be getting the cyan firmware update as soon as Nokia pushes it out, which should be much quicker than waiting for the carriers, correct? Has anyone had experience with updates on an unlocked Windows Phone?

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. I just got mine today but I don't want to put 8.1 on when it seems like there are a bunch of issues. It would be nice to hear a few more success stories before putting 8.1 on.

Also because this is an unlocked phone we should be getting the cyan firmware update as soon as Nokia pushes it out, which should be much quicker than waiting for the carriers, correct? Has anyone had experience with updates on an unlocked Windows Phone?

I'm not sure about the 1520.3 and 8.1 but with my AT&T 1520 it works great. I did turn WiFi Sense off to help battery life but other than that I'm loving it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
White is out of stock again at Newegg. Not too surprising as it didn't seem as though they got a random new shipment of just the white, but rather sold some returned (or unsigned for) units.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with my 1520.3 when I upgraded to 8.1. Also could not get LTE. I went to ATT.com and they had my phone as a track phone. Got that ironed out and now LTE. the network was not recognizing the imei #. No more "H". Now for 8.1.......

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just took the risk of installing 8.1 on my Lumia 1520 RM-938 from Newegg that I'm using on T-Mobile and no problems! :D

Cool!

Did you have a nano SIM in your previous phone or did you have T-mobile provision you a new one?

When you say it worked, does that mean you get LTE as well?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
White is out of stock again at Newegg. Not too surprising as it didn't seem as though they got a random new shipment of just the white, but rather sold some returned (or unsigned for) units.

What makes you think they sold returned items as new?

Anyway, it was probably me who snagged the last white one. I ordered it just a few hours ago. Negri let me down by taking my order for a In-Stock yellow one that they turned around two days later saying that it was backordered instead.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Cool!

Did you have a nano SIM in your previous phone or did you have T-mobile provision you a new one?

When you say it worked, does that mean you get LTE as well?

I came from an iPhone 5S so I just took the nano sim out of that and put it into the 1520. And yes, said I was getting LTE. Did a speed test and was getting just about 20 mbps.